New Gyros at OSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gyros at OSH

Gidday All,Managed to spend some time at Oshkosh again last month and came across the latest gyro design from HoneyBee. Here"s the site: www.honeybeeg2.com The prices seem a little high to me and I can"t see much performance from the 90 HP two place with full fuel and 2 X 250 lb yanks on board. It hasn"t flown yet and the mast is designed to move in-flight for trim purposes. Better hope the mechanism doesn"t "run away"!The singles have push-pull cables and only two of them. Rudder control is presently the same. In the photos, the black section in the main gear legs are the fibreglass "shocks".Waddles.
    Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

I like the look of the overhead tube, but cannot help but think that this isn"t a new idea.Is there any functional advantage to such a thing? i.e does it protect the pilot in any way?Also, the prop seems to be sitting a little high, at first glance.Given the good ol" CLT issues on some designs, does this aircraft seem to be perhaps a little high in it"s thrust line?All the rest seems quite standard, but just varying degrees of what we"ve seen before.Opinions from the seasoned professionals?

Comment

Working...
    X