Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the gyro redundant now?

http://vimeo.com/15168317

I"m guessing that you mean that question to be said with a "tongue hanging out" smiley? :PBut seriously.... ehr... no.There are a million things that a gyro can do that this slow, cumbersome (yet environmentally friendly!) ornithopter will never be able to do.And there"s one thing that I don"t think many have considered: the money you save on fuel and engine maintenance by peddling the damned thing yourself will be replaced by the enormous cost of hangar fees!Can you imagine a club full of those things and the number of ginormous hangars surrounding the strip?(Plus I can imagine that all your mates will block your calls because they"re sick of you asking to come out and hold the wings up until you reach airspeed!):PPersonally, I"m still waiting for someone to invent a simply, easily built at home anti-gravity device to mount on the back of a go-cart frame! Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Personally, I"m still waiting for someone to invent a simply, easily built at home anti-gravity device to mount on the back of a go-cart frame! That device is called "rotor-blades" isn"t it?

Comment

Hmmmm.... Call it science fiction, but I"m still hoping that wings, rotors and propellers are simply stop-gap means to a better method of gravity defiance!I"m still hoping that we"ll see the wingless, rotorless flying vehicle in our lifetimes!Not these "cars that have fold-out wings" or "enclosed motorbikes that have fold-out rotorblades"!I want a "Spinner" the likes of Blade Runner!The concept vehicle, the "Terrafugia" is little more than a draggy aeroplane that is roadable. But it"s neither rough-and-tumble like your average automobile nor sleek and fast as your average light aircraft.I"m hoping for both!Just my $0.02 worth.

Comment

"Hmmmm.... Call it science fiction, but I"m still hoping that wings, rotors and propellers are simply stop-gap means to a better method of gravity defiance!"There has to be a way. All other things seem to have opposing forces. Magnets, electricity and the boffins speak of antimatter, so some day it will be found.G.

Comment

http://vimeo.com/16593250Is a Chinnook placing a ski lift. Pretty clever pilot. Th guy interviewed sounds like a Queenslander.My son sometimes teaches skiing here. Lives about an hour away. (And I do not think she is a real blonde)Graham

Comment

Working...
            X