Can't help bad luck, me again!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't help bad luck, me again!!!!!

....well, it is 3 years today since my accident. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and others it feels like forever ago. It appears the old body has plateaued and is no longer improving, so now we have some idea of what we have to work with for the next phase of our lives. Unfortunately my simple mind is still struggling at times BUT is better than it was 12 months ago and that was certainly better than 12 months before that!!!!The last few months have been different in that Eril had both her knees replaced late July so we have been restricted too mostly medical appointments and rehabilitation sessions. Eril’s knee operation has proven very successful. Her only problem has been sciatica nerve problems which are still causing severe pain at times. Hopefully the next few months will see an improvement as the medicos work their magic!!!! We have been fortunate to have our 29 year old son Matt at home for the last few months. Matt is a great cook so I have not had to lift my game much at all!!!!! Matt got himself a new job several weeks ago and we think he is probably enjoying getting away from Eril and me. He is very happy with his new job environment, and we are pleased for him after the help he gave us during the last few months.This evening I conducted 3 circuits in my mate Chums gyro to acknowledge the 3 year anniversary of my accident. I must admit I was quite anxious due to the fact that it not my gyro and I have only flown 3 times in the last 12 months. Also I am a very tight fit in Chums gyro and the dash cuts into my knees somewhat. Very inconsiderate of him to build it to fit him and not the test pilot!!!At this time I have not achieved much at all with the RAF drop keel mods on gbw"s gyro but hopefully as Eril improves I will be able to get back into it. The flight this evening has made me keen to get it done so my mate Chum and I can fly together in the comfort of a cabin.Aussie Paul. http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27902

Well Done Paul, you have come a long way in 3 years.Keep it up!Mitch

Comment

Great to see the spirit of determination! Enjoy your flying, we take a lot of stuf for granted at times, even to hop in the gyro and go for a fly for 5 minutes to clear the cobwebs in the brain.

Comment

Here"s to you Paul, your a great guy nd genuine too. I was a pleasesure to meet & fly with you in Perth WA when you came overYour skills are a reward to othersDave "pick" Pickard

Comment

Keep positive mate, it works wonders .... good to hear your still flying

Comment

Working...
          X