Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacific Flyer Article....Calidus just landed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Flyer Article....Calidus just landed.

There has been some discussion of Calidus being a fire trap when crashed and laid over on one particular side. Apparently the hatch could not be opened.See here.

Me Dunno nuffin, i reckon they look pretty sleek, very nice... but outta my budget

Comment

I cant add much Mitch other than say there is conflicting reports about them. Guess, the proof in the pudding is with time and hours flown. The conflicting reports is nothing odd really when we have such a diverse mob of flier"s with pet hates etc etc. The opening on one side only is a big concern to me and needs to be adressed !!ASRA has not been made aware of any grounding at this stage.

Comment

Thanks Chopper.Mate I love all gyros even HTL ones. Did my training in a RAF2000 and some time in with Kevin Traeger and his gyro. Thought they were both great at the time. Know what I"d rather be flying now. CLT with a in line airfoil shaped HS, or even a bit of neg on it. Single place or dual, same set-up.I think the Calidus with the summertime canopy looks the "ducks nuts". And if it has been a new build from scratch, some of the othher probs associated with other models being sorted and with less vibration throughout, could be one of them gyros on my wish list.Intersted to see how the hang and balance goes.Mitch

Comment

mitch, your statement of " i love all gyros " is spot on. i"ve noticed with you that you talk up all gyros and the love of flying 100%. dont get me wrong i think its a good thing. but considering your in buisness to sell your own brand i would make sure elise doesnt give up her day job. . how many hours up now and how is your stip set up[ any more photos] and what else do you have happening in tassy?

Comment

I"ve just returned from Germany and had a chance to fly the Calidus at Hildesheim. It"s very well finished, quiet and smooth. It"s starting to get cold in Europe now and I can easily understand the need for the fully enclosed canopy in winter. It"s still hard to beat the fun factor of my open cockpit MTO Sport. The Calidus would be a great touring machine for all weather.Jeff.

Comment

mitch, your statement of " i love all gyros " is spot on. i"ve noticed with you that you talk up all gyros and the love of flying 100%. dont get me wrong i think its a good thing. but considering your in buisness to sell your own brand i would make sure elise doesnt give up her day job. . how many hours up now and how is your stip set up[ any more photos] and what else do you have happening in tassy?

Comment

Working...
              X