Helmet Cam, which one is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Cam, which one is the best?

I"m looking to buy a helmet cam but don"t really know much about them. Anyone have any tips before I buy one?Hoges

How will you attach it to your helmet?
    Attached Files

Comment

100mph tape of course! What do you reckon? What sort of resolution do these cams have tho? They"re pretty shiny too.How much faster will I go Graeme?

Comment

There is a great one out that I have.

Comment

Another option is the ContourHD. Just google it. I found it good.Here"s a sample;

Comment

Your best option is the gopro hd scottie.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I"ll let you know what I get and how it performs.Will catch up soon Deano.Hoges

Comment

I have a Gopro. brilliant little unit. You need to note a couple of things. When you got the camera you should have recieved an orange rupper looking type of bunjy strap - This stops the annoying clicking in the sound from the housing. Also, if you fly at altitude i.e. from the coast to Armidale etc. the housing will fog up badly and ruin your video. Use the open back on the housing - it will give you more wind noise but the video will be clear.Gordo

Comment

I have a Gopro. brilliant little unit. You need to note a couple of things. When you got the camera you should have recieved an orange rupper looking type of bunjy strap - This stops the annoying clicking in the sound from the housing. Also, if you fly at altitude i.e. from the coast to Armidale etc. the housing will fog up badly and ruin your video. Use the open back on the housing - it will give you more wind noise but the video will be clear.GordoThey sell little strips that absorb the moisture in the air which is what fogs up your housing.

Comment

I have one that cost $25 + card.I glued the mount to my headset and put an extension on the mic so I could put the mic in the ear piece see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZA2ssaufEQ

Comment

Been researching cams a bit and came across this one after a tip from Wayne B. Specs look pretty good and price is not too bad either at around $320.It has the same resolution as the Go Pro but with some other nice features like a remote control for ON/OFF which worksfrom about 5 metres, etc etc.http://driftinnovation.com/hd170-action-camera/Anyone tried one of these yet?Hoges

Comment

Working...
                      X