Importing Gyros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Gyros

Hi Guys,After the experts opinions and advice on importing Gyros, including the Pros/Cons, good/bad experiences and things to watch out for. Cheers,Nietz

Get ol Bosca to sort you out, that way you dont have to worry about exchange rates, taxes or anything he"s the legend he is.Seriously thou what are you planing?

Comment

Looking at second hand machines in the US, RAF2000"s in particular, http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27999 or http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=28076I thought with the Aussie dollar fairly strong at the moment it might be worth a look abroad. Not sure of the shipping costs or anything else involved though.

Comment

As much as i would like to help i really dont want anything to do with them.But what you need to do(easiest/quickest way) is get onto a feight company that handles imports, find out how much they charge for a 20" container from over there to here, they also should be able to tell you how much GST to expect to pay, but it will be 10% of the total price of machine AND freight costs.Then you will need the machine packed up over there MAKING SURE they dont use any timber not treated to the standard of imports(cant remember now), otherwise customes will charge you to burn it(the timber) before they realise your machine(dont be in a hurry with this step) ,then once you get it here then you will have to get it all registered ect in OzThats a very basic outline of what you will need to do, even Kym be able to understand that(i hope)

Comment

When importing there can be a number of charges. I spoke to one fellow who imported a set of rotors from the USA and by the time they got to him, he could have bought 2 sets of local rotors and had some change left over.

Comment

When importing there can be a number of charges. I spoke to one fellow who imported a set of rotors from the USA and by the time they got to him, he could have bought 2 sets of local rotors and had some change left over.Not if it is done correctly the only charge/tax payable is the GST

Comment

Thanks Bones.Does anyone know of any good shipping agents from US to Oz?

Comment

hi nietze, i have a very good mate in sydney whose company imports machinery all the time, ring my mobile and i will give you all the details, bob jumeau 0413133423

Comment

Working...
                X