Rain & More Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain & More Rain

Our thought and prayers go out for all those effected in the latest flooding, From Toowoomba through to Brisbane and many other surrounding areas. We have many ASRA members in the SE of Queensland and I have just heard Caboolture is flooded and all roads put are cut. Given that much of the coastal areas are fairly flat, the pontential for bad flooding is likely. On top of this I just see that the rain is still belting down at a horrendous rate meaning the situation isnt going to ease for some untill Tomorrow at the earliest and on top of this they have a king tide for early tomorrow morning and if thats not enough, the Wivenhow dam [sorry for the spellng ] could well hit 200% meaning it will spill and downstream ...Brisbane... could face something never though possible!Anyway, to the Dulls, Wardills and all others that live on the flat, we pray you keep safe.

Ditto.Wen mum nature puts her point across, she dont f$#@% about with niceties.

Comment

Yep i watched in horror the sights on the tv this morning at what happened to Toowoomba last night, and all i can say it damn i hate to see that type of stuff, even seen a plane floating down a water course, hats off to the local SES, coppas, emergencies services and the likes that do a sh*t load of good in these type of situations.Just hope the loss of life is as low as possible.You can alway rebuild ect but when you loose loved ones, they cant be replaced, that is the real heart ache.Thoughts are with those who are doing it tough right now...............

Comment

The thing that bugs me more is peoples complaceny and ignorance. >Its these two things that are costn lives. Sumthn happens that people dont understand and they panic, then drown or get burned.Drouts happen, floods happen, fires happen, strong winds happen. Its called life, and people are so insulated from reality these days they get caught off guard.

Comment

More and more schools are removing outside gym framings....climbing frames,overhead bars etc etc. They remove lower tree limbs, they openly avoid any body contact sports, they install these "soft pits" to avoid bumps/bruises, they friction treat slides so kids can"t slide too fast.All in all..............raising soft/unthinking/unaware/lifeless aware kids. Doing basic manual arts, kids must wear safety glasses,hair nets at times ,all sorts of cr*p ..........kid scratches themselves, geeez...........quick, off to the first aide nurse.As well we got..............O dear, it"s too hot to play outside, let"s stay in and do ????Then we got the swimming pool cr*p..................don"t splash others you may get water in their eyes.................WTFGeeeez........where"s me rum, this is depressing me now.
          If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

If things weren"t bad enough , now they are catching looters

Comment

Scum of the earth, in some countries looters are shot on sight. >

Comment

Talked to Murray this morning and it appears that Paul Campell has been the worst affected that we know of. Paul is in the Brisbane suburb of Kenmore. They got Pauls stuff mostly shifted out and cause the river has peaked a metre or so below expected it appears that the water may have pulled up before entering the house so thats good news !!Caboolture airport didnt flood so all is well there and I talked to Owen Dull and he is on high dround as well. Allen has a wet lawn but is okay. We havent got word how Don Cramer[new board member ] at Dalby is faring so if anyone has more news, please share.

Comment

My thoughts are with those affected. May you all keep safe. Cheers Des garvin in dry centeral west WA.

Comment

Wife flew back in to Tas yesterday, shed been in Brisbane and Ipswich, northern NSW as well.Kids and I had been following this tragedy on tele, worrying for Elise. She"s home safe and sound.Weve had rain and there are lots of flood watch warnings.Got an email from a mate up Rocky way, asking if we were OK this morning. Said we were, glad he was OK.Midday passess, Elise has been on call with the Ambulance from home since 7.30 pm last night. Rained heavy all night and again today.This arvo Elise is off on a call.......sometime later she rings back. Yorktown and west arm inlet all flooded, said she didn"t think if she came home, she"d be able to get back across if she got a job. She"ll stay a branch station O/N.Five dogs and two kids to look after here.St Helens on the east coast cut off yeterday.Nothing like whats happening up North. Very sad.I did see on the news that looting in a disaster can carry a 10 year jail term.Mitch.

Comment

Since Sunday to this morning we have had over 8 inches and a neighbour to the east had over 9 . Thats about our annual rainfal !! The house dam here has never had so much water since we have been here and plenty of other spots around the station have water where I have never seen it before. The river country is covered in rain water for miles and has lifted the river level by around 12 inches making a instant flood!!Thankfully, no damage or stock lost that I can see.Its truly amazing that we now have flooding over such a huge area and I dont think we have seen the worst of it yet !!

Comment

Hate to say it guys, but all is fine here in Braidwood! Grass is green and the cattle are fat, almost makes up for the past fifteen years of drought, fires and F/All income. Those poor buggers that are in flood will be having a much better time next year when it is someone else"s turn to flood or burn. These events are a part of nature and it is best to manage the crap and smile in the good timesIt is bad that people worry about the floods taking away life time posesions, but no-one worries about the Government doing the sameMark.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X