Just in Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in Time

Up till this morning, we have had approximately 140 points for the last couple of days and this morning about 11 AM, the strip looked just dry enough to give me the confidence to try and fly out to the big strip which is essentially an all weather strip despite being dirt, its on very hard ground and any water just runs gently off unlike my house strip which after many years of drought and severe cutting winds from the north is still 10 inches below general ground level so it becomes a big water hole pretty quick, all the weather predictions have us getting very substantial rains over the next few days and apparently next week is being talked up as more rain just as we were to shear our sheep ...anyways, we have a couple of lots of sheep on country where they could get caught if they were to venture in onto the river flats and so the gyro is needed to be able to quick reconnaissance missions to do checks etc etc.Despite a lot of dirt getting flicked up into the prop, I managed to get off, the growth of grass on the strip saved the day enabling me enough runway to get airborne so I did a run into the river and see where the sheep"s shouldn"t be, thankfully because the Dorpors are heaps smarter than merinos, none were anywhere near the black flats which were wetter than expected and it was clear that a lot more rain had fallen in that way than here at the house. On the way back out I happened to see my mate looking for feral goats in the hop bush, I happened to see a good mob which he had obviously disturbed as they just hide on me

Its still raining, had 383 points or 95 mm so far.

Comment

"That big strip aint so hard anymore, went up in the Navarra to put more tarps on the gyro and boggged the Navarra to the diffs

Comment

Working...
      X