Comma 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comma 2005

Hello all, I like to start with a great thank you to all involved with this years Nationals Cooma 2005 hope you all enjoyed this years competition and as part of the Snowy River Aviators i/we were greatly pleasured in holding this years event and hope that you all got home safely ļDown below I have attached some of the pics that I made over the weekend. Stan RucinskiImage Insert: 63.11

Image Insert: 85.04

Comment

G'day Stan,Congratulaions to Snowy Aviators on running a succesful weekend.It was great to catch up with some old faces and to also meet some new faces, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Congratulations also to the winners of the various events; if you didn't win, thanks for competing it was a real spectacle from the ground.[8D]Regards,ChristopherSpeaking without thinking; is like shooting without taking aim - Spanish Proverb

Comment

Yes stan,Well done. It was nice to put some faces to names and to meet some names and faces who dont appear regularly on this forum. most of the people I met were really quite normal!It was a pity that some of the "experts" didnt show up to profer thier Knowledge to the unwashed, but I wasnt really that surprised!Again Stan, and to the Snowy aviators, well done!To all those who took the time to talk, Thanks for your kindness.And Birdy, will you please explain to my little bloke why you dont have feathers!Mark.

Comment

Captions for photos posted above by Stan.1. Jeff Henley-Smith, NSW and Richard Brown-Cooper, WA in Richard's new pride and joy, built by Jeff, and sporting a Hirth engine. See article in latest Gyro News2. Geoff Nelson, Vic in his stunning machine. See cover picture in latest Gyro News3. About 16 Gyros started out from Cooma Airport, went to Berriedale, back over Cooma Airport, then to Cooma township, and back to airport. 4. Formation flying, by invitation. A spectacular sight.5. More formation flying with John Evans leading.6. Birdy NT in Greg Mitchell's, Butterfly, Tas, acknowledging his adoring fans, Paul Newman style!!!7. John Evans NSW, with his flashing lights and substantial horozintal stabilizer8. Phil Sherwood NSW, receiving his Steve Compton Perpetual Trophy for Grand Champion at Cooma Nationals 2005, from Sheri Compton9. Birdy NT, in Allan Wardill's Monarch, Qld. Note the footwear!10.Gyro flight line11.Gyro flight line12.Bunny Llewella in the control tower [where else!].LlewellaGoing the extra miles puts you miles ahead of your competition.

Comment

Hi Llewella well done and also to the snowy aviators for a great event , I got alot out of it and had fun meeting and listening to what people had to say.Also a big thanks to Ian for the training that he was able to give me Steve "crashman" Kennedy

Comment

Has anyone posted a list of awards anywhere??telfFlying - The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. (Douglas Adams-The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Comment

Give us a break Telf!! I have come home, and am sick as a dog. Hard to concentrate on anything much, but it will happen soon.LlewellaGoing the extra miles puts you miles ahead of your competition.

Comment

Brilliant event, congrats and thanks to all organisers involved.Great to see some quality innovation and inspiration for the future.Special thanks to Jeff Henley-Smith and Greg Mitchell for showing me how great gyros can be.Cheers,...Art Spink...

Comment

Results of Friendly Competitions Cooma 2005:Carrier Deck Landing3rd Warwick Ladbrooke2nd Scott Hogan1st HERMANN ROESCHForced Landing3rd Phil Sherwood2nd David Bird1st ALLAN WARDILLPrecision Placement (Flour/Rice Bombing)3rd Ross Bannerman2nd Tony Scicluna1st HERMANN ROESCHSpeed Estimation3rd Tony Scicluna2nd Bruce Layt1st ROSS BANNERMANNavigation & Observation Exercise3rd Wal Flaks2nd Jeff Henley-Smith1st PHIL SHERWOODBest New Design - G311 Jeff Henley-SmithQuietest Gyroplane - G615 Scott HoganBest Gyroplane - G580 Warwick LadbrookeBest Static Display - G3020 Joe JakubyczkPeople's Choice - G6180 Geoff NelsonHard Luck Story/Wooden Spoon - Allan Wardill"Find the Fuel Bowser Award" - Allan WardillGRAND CHAMPIONSHIP 3rd Allan Wardill2nd Ross Bannerman1st PHIL SHERWOODCongratulations to our hosts the Snowy Rivers Aviators, all attendees, competitors, placegetters, winners, and especially Phil Sherwood from Dubbo, who is Grand Champion 2005.LlewellaGoing the extra miles puts you miles ahead of your competition.

Comment

Who was the SOB who passed the wog around at Cooma?Tim McClure

Comment

I know whow it was....He spells his name.."XXXX""HE IS MORE MYSELF THAN I AM"Woz...

Comment

Llewella,Am I right in assuming Waddles had another 'fuel' issue?Do tell........Flying - The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. (Douglas Adams-The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Comment

telfdont knock it , he has other people loading the the craft,albieat poorly?Yes I had a great time ,and that crash dummy almost shook the bug off on the shake down apprantly didn,t workboundry rider

Comment

Pocky,Not knocking anything, especially Waddles. Just noticed Waddles got a hard luck and fuel bowser award. I was (and still am) wondering what it was about. After the mix up with diesel at last year's nats I was wondering if the award was for last year or if something else had happened.telfFlying - The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. (Douglas Adams-The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Comment

Working...
                              X