Andy Keech and Ron Herron interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Keech and Ron Herron interviews

If you have a spare hour to spend I highly recommend watching the 2 interviews of Andy Keech and Ron Herron both of Woodstock Littlewing fame talk about their aviation history on the EAA website. The Ron Herron interview is extremely interesting, especially regarding stability and design criteria....http://bcove.me/e2lldql5

Thanks for posting mate good vidswolfy

Comment

Thank you for the posts.The thing that I note, however, is that hearing Ron Herron"s words over and over again, doesn"t change much.It would appear that the latest developments have determined a number of things:1) High thrust lines are dangerous and can lead to an un-recoverable Power Push-over.2) Centreline thrust and tractor configurations are far less likely to experience this.As many have noted, there were no issues with power push-overs in the day of Juan de La Cierva.If this is the case, then why aren"t people actively developing new, simple tractor designs to replace the age-old Bensen/Brock-style pusher design which has had countless power push-over incidents?I praise the likes of Ron Herron, others like the late George Pate, David Gittens, Tim Blackwell and indeed our very own Murray Barker (God bless the noble, yet humble "Tugger"!) for their efforts in trying to develop a simple, safe tractor design, but I search with frustration as so many new designs are still based on the old pusher design, which has had so many problems, and see that many of them still appear to have high thrust lines.I would encourage the autogyro community to cast aside the slew of stale concepts and embrace the lessons we have learned to develop a tractor-configured gyro that has the simplicity of the Bensen/Brock design but the safety that encompasses the spirit that Cierva put into his original design.Just my $0.02 worth.

Comment

for an extra 0.02cents ;DYou can design and build a safe and efficient CLT pusher with all the advantages of this type of design.Cheers SamL..............

Comment

Fair point, Sam.And, I"ve no doubt that you"re a man of experience and knowledge.

Comment

for an extra 0.02cents ;DYou can design and build a safe and efficient CLT pusher with all the advantages of this type of design.Cheers SamL..............Absolutely Sam. One of the main thrills of flying a gyro is the unobstructed view of a pusher. I have experience in both.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Absolutely Sam. One of the main thrills of flying a gyro is the unobstructed view of a pusher. I have experience in both.Aussie Paul. I have read and heard many times that laughter is the best medicine, I am feeling so good at the moment I could be twins.Graeme.

Comment

I have read and heard many times that laughter is the best medicine, I am feeling so good at the moment I could be twins.Graeme.Now, that is funny Graeme !

Comment

Working...
                X