Radiator Connection,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Connection,

My radiator sits in a position which would allow me to use the inlet (radiator cap)as the flow from the thermostat housing.Is their any reason why I can"t block the opposite side of the rad and do the above.My system has two rad caps, one is lock wired into place, this is the one I wish to use as the flow from the thermo housing.

i would be worried that if the cap was modified into having a hose tail on it and a hose placing side loads or vibration or such on the cap that wasnt designed for it would be trouble, big trouble. has the radiator got plastic head tanks? i"ve seen lots of gyros now with alum header tanks . they weld out lets anywhere to suit.

Comment

Thanks Tony,Plastic Header tank.My intentions where to cut the cap seat of the neck and place the rad hose directly on to the neck.Will it effect the cooling?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Loafar,Is the radiator a crossflow or vertical. Eg are the tanks on the sides of the radiator or are they on top and bottom.If they are on the side you wont get flow through the radiator if its set up per your drawing. The flow will simply bypass via the tank.RegardsBill

Comment

Good thinking 99!!

Comment

Working...
          X