Sonny What time in North Carolina.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny What time in North Carolina.

Sonny,See your on line, it's 10.26 am right now, what time have you there.Mitch.www.thebutterflyllc.com

Sonny,Sent you some info on the Marine Ply question and scarfs, listed below in brief from a conversation with Geoff.This is all about Benson ply wood blades, any comments from members who have built wood blades welcome. Also heard there might be a wood set available through a Pacific Flyer advert which I don't have. Could someone send me contact details if you have it.Cheers,Mitch."Don't be worried about scarfs, actually the opposite is true, scarfs actually make it stronger. Do a test with one scarf and ply aver a fulcrum point, place the scarf over the fulcrum and bend, measure ect to destruction, note damage. Use a two foot section. Then do same with a multiple scarf section and see were it breaks. If the scarf is glued right it will break in the ply. A/C ply, glues seats into ply deeper. Marine ply not so readily. If quality glue is used, marine ply is for sure an acceptable way to go. Something about making sure the scarfs are seated properly. Scarf lines top and bottom should be staggered, not directly above and below. Even if you used the 5' sheets of A/C ply better to have your scarfs staggered, middle to outboard regions of blade, rather than inboard at the root. Then he said it really did'nt matter as the scarfs were stronger anyway. So yes to marine ply if you want 8' sheet, ensure quality marine ply, use quality glue and scarfs are no problem." www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

Howdy MitchIt's 10:16 PM Tue. 12 now.I hope I didn't miss you. Thats good news .I was realy worried about the scarf joints,and beeing able to use marine grade plywood.Ya might oauta bring more than a bottle or 2 mate couse your not gonna find any good beer here[)]that is unless you like the imported stuff,like Fosters[8D]I've been looking at the photo gallary most of the evening,Aaron's Dad was an impresive man who built some inovetive machines.Thank you very much for sharing Aaron.Mitch I have been working on a new nose gear for my little gyro but after seeing Sam's I may need to switch gears.It looks lighter and more user frindly than the Honny Bee and easer to build.I have the 72hp Mac purring like a kittin now so I'm onto some of the other changes I want to make to her.I spent 3 days at the Benson days flyin,had a great time,saw the Butterfly with the soft landing gear(don't rember the real name)and the Goldin Monarc,2 realy nice performers.[]Thanx for the info Mitch.C'ya at MentoneSonnyIntelligence is not a privilege,it is a gift and should be used for the good of mankind.

Comment

Mitch, if it is Wed 1.40 pm here, it is Tues evening 11.40 pm in NC. Our son lives in NC.LlewellaA sceptic is a person who, when he sees the handwriting on the wall, claims it is a forgery.

Comment

Cheers Sonny,Like I said in my email to you, I will check the finer details with Keith but Geoff seemed pretty sure of the detail. Always pays to ask around and verify. Your gyro looks great Sonny, have you posted a pic on this forum, If not I can do it for you. I'll bring a bottle of Bundy and Swan. Glad you got to Benson Days. Nose gears like Sam's have good history of operations.Fly Safe Buddy.Hi Llewella,From memory, when I ring Tx at around Noon it's about 8 or 9 in the evening. This info helps Thanks, don't want to ring Sonny and drag him out of bed, just to chat about gyro's.Regards,Mitch.www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

Mornin MitchSorry I missed you last nite.Hum beer ina Square bottle,whoda thought!Mitch if youd like please post the last pic for me,also check the nose gear and the H/S,Birdy has raised a question in my mind about the posible over effectiveness it my demonsrtaight.And the nose gear is scarry.One of the guy's on the RWF had a nose gear collapse and his looked a lot better built than what I have.Yea mate any time you want to give me a ring please do it don't matter what time of day I always have time for a mate and I am usally up between 1am and 4am anyway.In the past I have used Dapp plastic resin glue in all my wood projects,infact I have 3 rocking chairs I built in 1975 on my back porch that have no nails and have to date done nothing but refinish them.I am sure there is a better glue system out there now,but 30 years ago that was the best a man could do.Anyway if anyone out there has any sugestions please feel free.C'ya mateSonnyLLEWELLA good morninWhere dose your son live here?Is he into gyro's?I live in western NC about 40mi south of Ashiville.CheersSonnyIntelligence is not a privilege,it is a gift and should be used for the good of mankind.

Comment

Working...
            X