No announcement yet.

Whats Wrong With ASRA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as cost goes, theres not much cheaper than a gyro, second hand ones can be had pretty cheaply at times. I doubt we will see gyros for hire anytime soon.its not the cost of the gyro but more the lack of hire i suppose and therefore the cost of further instruction to fly around with the instructor in his craft. i would love to own my own and am certainly working on it however at the moment if there were an ability to hire i would still be a member and flying but she who must be obeyed cant see the value in a dads toy that only i can use for the minute and her having no interest in flying isnt a great help. obviously the fact im still on this forum and still dreaming of the gyro is proof enough i will be back eventually just not yet.

Comment

"Where"s the problem....problems ?""its not the cost of the gyro but more the lack of hire"3rd party insurance seems to be the stumbling block behind gettin" a machine, or getting up in someone else"s (unless they"re itching to sell it).I"m doing what I can getting rego back in order. Some well meaning backpacker cleaned out my shed and burnt every shred of paper

Comment

its not the cost of the gyro but more the lack of hire i suppose and therefore the cost of further instruction to fly around with the instructor in his craft. i would love to own my own and am certainly working on it however at the moment if there were an ability to hire i would still be a member and flying but she who must be obeyed cant see the value in a dads toy that only i can use for the minute and her having no interest in flying isnt a great help. obviously the fact im still on this forum and still dreaming of the gyro is proof enough i will be back eventually just not yet. Unfortunately gyro hiring out is probably still some way off and once you get your

Comment

BTW, I have misled you all, figure out tonight show the number of members have increased since 2007 to 2011 by 180. Gyro registrations were increasing slowly untill 2011 and are at a lower level than 2007, no doubt in response to the hang test.?So Brian, If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the membership numbers have increased since 2007 - correct?

Comment

[i]In response to the question, " is the fall off in gyros registered what ASRA wants" ?

Comment

Thanks for your vote of support Birdy, much appreciated and I got to say there have been a number of emails and phone calls along the same line.It does have to be kept in mind that the board are all volunteers and I reckon I would be right in saying that none of the board are very busy people but make time to do the work necessary to keep you all flying with as little interupption to you as possible. Lots of stuff happens

Comment

ok i"ll give it a go, WHATS WRONG WITH ASRA,

Comment

Speak for yourself there Brian.Graeme. ;D That will teach me check what I have written before posting.

Comment

Working...
                  X