Single Seat Helicopter to drool over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Seat Helicopter to drool over.

The ASRA board was asked to take on light sport helicopters and we have agreed to this requst in priciple subject to conditions. At the AGM last weekend, Tom Carmody flew the newest helo in for us to take a look at and I have to say its impressive!!The 912 has been incorperated into the machine well, big radiator for cooling water and the transmission so long periods of hovering are not going to worry temps and in general it looked a million $$$$Like all helo"s, lots of moving bits to keep an eye on and it has only got a 2.5 hour endurance but that might be enough for some to make it work.Before anyone rushes out to go mustering, you need a helo commercial license and the machine would need to be VH registered .

What is the name of the heli? Looks good. Thanks.

Comment

brian was there a photo side on to show the cabin area etc . just incase you had nothing else to do. lol

Comment

Try the website for photos and tech stuff.The blokes name is Tony TC Carmody.http://brumbyhelicopters.com.auGraeme.

Comment

brian was there a photo side on to show the cabin area etc . just incase you had nothing else to do. lol

Comment

Been looking at these myself.And the helicycle...Nice machines both of them!

Comment

The helicycle with the turbine !!V8"s sound good but a little turbine....wow !!

Comment

Thats the one. Very nice piece of work.As a bonus, after the machine is complete, the company rep flies over and strobes, tests it to make sure you have built it correctly, then flight tests it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_HelicycleCan"t beat the $40K price....

Comment

Comment

Some more photos

Comment

Just like to make it clear that no matter what the helicopter, Brumby, helicycle etc etc, you are going to need a PPL to get one. They need to be registered etc and before anyone gets too carried away about going mustering with one, be aware that if you are going to fly for hire or reward eg, getting paid, you will need a CPL H otherwise you might well find yourself in more hot water than you though possible !!I"m not sure about the accuracy of this but I have heard that if any helicopter [ commercial] operator learns of any chopper mustering without the necessary tickets, they will put you in to CASA. Now we all know of rumors that some activity might take place using gyros, they [ casa & the commercial operators ] have chosen to turn a blind eye but not so with a light sport helicopter.Further to this, there could already be something happening from the rumors going round and its not good news for the operator already

Comment

The ASRA board was asked to take on light sport helicopters and we have agreed to this requst in priciple subject to conditions.As a builder of an amateur built helicopter, the current "regulator" of these machines seems to be scattered between CASA, SAAA, and now "in principal", ASRA. Are there a clear set of "rules" we have to comply with, or is it still up to the airworthiness inspector"s discression to determine if our machine qualifies as an amateur built machine? Does the 51% built rule strictly apply? If it does, how is it measured, where are the Australian guidelines?Our CASA regulations are mostly a mirror of the FAA regulations. The FAA has a job-aid in determining the major portion build rule required to qualify for an E-CoA here:
                        Attached Files

Comment

... I have heard that if any helicopter [ commercial] operator learns of any chopper mustering without the necessary tickets, they will put you in to CASA. Now we all know of rumors that some activity might take place using gyros, they [ casa & the commercial operators ] have chosen to turn a blind eye but not so with a light sport helicopter.Further to this, there could already be something happening from the rumors going round and its not good news for the operator alreadyBrian, would you care to elaborate a bit on this? I have embarked on designing and now building a small, very agile light sport helicopter. The main intention is to be able to put it to market, for owner-operators to use them for "personal use on the farm", rather than bashing around in the ute. By your words, it seems like we have some "storm clouds" forming, maybe an attempt by the commercial operators to prevent them from losing market share?

Comment

Seems if you supply power to the rotor, even only a portion, law says you need to hava PPL.Why?? Cant get an answer for this cept the usual, "just coz". [ this is the classic responce you get wen there is no reasonable answer.]Im buggered if i know where you go to get irrelivant laws chucked, but i know where you DONT look for support.

Comment

One answer has been over the years is the CASA cost to change ANO"s CAR"s (whatever they are called at this moment!!) legislation. Priorities and tighter funding!!!! One of the reasons we ASRA guys have tried to have as much legislation type rules in the ops manual, from where it is easy to change.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X