Brakes for a Rosco machine,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes for a Rosco machine,

Hi all,Anyone have some ideas / pic"s for a brake system for a Rosco front wheel assembly????

Rosco sells them, I have one on my trainer.

Comment

Roscos nose wheel break drums work spoton, but the leaver isnt up to it.It mite hold back and idleing soob, but not a rotax 4banger.But the fix is easy.Useing sum heavier cable and sheath, rig up a ratchit type handbreak leaver outa a 4x4 suzuki or similar for extra leaverage and itll never slip. Holds the ferel back at 3000rpm.

Comment

I got a mate in Roma Qld With a rosco machine EJ20, and he put disc brakes off a jabiro, on the back and it works realy well.

Comment

Hey Mad Max, can you put a picture of the Rosco front brake assembly here please??I`ve been looking for a brake for ages.Cheers

Comment

Sorry, Almar, I was born during ww2, and not really computer savie. One day i may work out how to hook the camera to the computer. The wife doesn"t even know how and she operates a computer at work every day. (kid nurds all left home) It"s a drum with yamaha shoes. Did a lot of road work in last place I lived, needed to give way to cars sometimes (all legal of course) If brake wasn"t enough i"d drop the boots on the ground as well. (something to be said for a low seat)

Comment

Almar, I hope this pic if may of help. Lou

Comment

Thanks Louww, but mine`s a `Drifter` wheel (I think) so it is shaped differently.I`ve asked the northern rivers guys who sell these wheels and they couldn`t help with a brake to suit.Anyone can help??

Comment

so it is shaped differently. ??? ???Got a pic of this unround wheel?

Comment

It`s a rosco machine, pic attached, dish shaped wheel rim

Comment

Almar, looks like you"ll have to change the rim with the drum brake hub in it and tyre completely, if you intend to install a nose wheel brake.

Comment

i had machined an adptor to suit the drifter front wheel to suit the disc brake of a mountain bike. i had seen it done before and it looked fantastic but wouldn"t hold back diddley squat. you can buy a compact drum brake set up from i think "air craft spruce" i got 2 but bought them through rob p. he was going to send them back.a very complete little package, i haven"t tried them yet.

Comment

I need to do something - I`m wearing my boots out!! I`ll look into the spruce website. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X