Shopping Local

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Local

For a while now when we decide on buying a product, we usually look up on the interent to get a price etc. The other day I needed two new batteries for the Cat grader, book says 960CCA . Best interent price was $225 plus freight. Local dealer in Mildura had them for $220 !!!I felt a lot happier parting out to a localBTW, grader spins the starter motor quite a bit quicker too ;D

For a while now when we decide on buying a product, we usually look up on the interent to get a price etc. The other day I needed two new batteries for the Cat grader, book says 960CCA . Best interent price was $225 plus freight. Local dealer in Mildura had them for $220 !!!I felt a lot happier parting out to a localBTW, grader spins the starter motor quite a bit quicker too ;DIt sure does Brian.Aussie Paul.

Comment

I was trying to work out how I could get the current /power from the two Batteries on the cat [ 960 CCA each] hooked up to my pre rotator

Comment

"I was trying to work out how I could get the current /power from the two Batteries on the cat [ 960 CCA each] hooked up to my pre rotator

Comment

"I was trying to work out how I could get the current /power from the two Batteries on the cat [ 960 CCA each] hooked up to my pre rotator

Comment

Brian, I am only here to help..."At the 1893 World"s Fair, the World"s Columbian Exposition in Chicago, an international exposition was held which, for the first time, devoted a building to electrical exhibits. It was a historic event as Tesla and George Westinghouse introduced visitors to AC power by using it to illuminate the Exposition. On display were fluorescent lamps, developed by Westinghouse, and single node bulbs. An observer noted:Within the room was suspended two hard-rubber plates covered with tin foil. These were about fifteen feet apart, and served as terminals of the wires leading from the transformers. When the current was turned on, the lamps or tubes, which had no wires connected to them, but lay on a table between the suspended plates, or which might be held in the hand in almost any part of the room, were made luminous. These were the same experiments and the same apparatus shown by Tesla in London about two years previous, "where they produced so much wonder and astonishment".[79]"See, its easy. Its worth reading about Tesla. Wikipedia gives a good summary. He was a mighty smart cookie.Graham

Comment

Wasn,t Tesla found dead in his car. Supposed suicide. Doesn"t pay to invent somethink too far ahead!

Comment

Graham, you can get the same effect by holding a fluorescent lamp under some high tension power lines. The radiated field excites the gas within the tube to produce light. There have been studies on the effects of these towers being routed through the centre of towns and to their ill effects - increased predisposition to cancers and the like.I guess if you could tap into it you could fly above the 132kv lines. But with the mindset of these power suppliers these days they would expect you to carry a meter so that they could charge you quarterly!

Comment

It"s probably not a stupud idea to have two small 12v batteries in parallel in the gyro, and hooked to a serries parallel switch so you can start off on soft start, switch to 12v and then finish off pre-rotation on 24v You could use a bosch serries parrallel switch. Would be a lot of wires and connections. The starter motor would probably survive.

Comment

a fair idea for those who want to use a battery prerotatorthe motor of a Warn winch(the big one) makes 4.6hp then you can bang 24v down it and they realy go have sean this on 4x4 racing rigs the motors survive fine

Comment

Comment

I have found this sort of thing to be a common occurrence nowdays .

Comment

Not all stuff out of China is of poor quality, I have a few bits and pieces and some bits are as good as the original production built here.More and more company"s are building factory"s over there so we just have to get used to it.

Comment

Iv always believed in supportn those closest to me, but f*** me, they are do"n a mity fine job of convincen me they dont want my coin.

Comment

Working...
                            X