Gyro stability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro stability

Question, I have been told that a gyro is more stable in windy/rough conditions is this true or not.Ranger58

It"s most stable in smooth air...

Comment

Question, I have been told that a gyro is more stable in windy/rough conditions is this true or not.Ranger58Absolutely Ranger, a "correctly set up gyro" will be much safer and more comfortable in conditions that would ground anything with a fixed wing.Pilots being equal of course!!!Aussie Paul.

Comment

Yes I did mean fixed wing and micro liteRanger58

Comment

I used to fly a micro lite, and iv been prisoner in a few FWs, and neither are within coowee of a gyro in the ruf stuf.As for stability, thats a design/ setup thing, nuthn to do with the air.Wot im assuming your askn is "controlability", and yes, the gyro is miles in frunt of anythn else.

Comment

Thank you gentleman and for any further advice I may recieve.Ranger58

Comment

A gyro can withstand pretty much anything you can throw at it but the pilot is the weakest link in the change.The way to make the chain stronger is good training and continued practice working your way from perfect conditions up wards ...slowly.

Comment

Working...
              X