No announcement yet.

Surely we can beat 52 gyros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Danny, don"t give gyros up if you don"t have to keep those blades turning and defy gravity every chance you get. 10 or so would be a great start.

Comment

lovin the ideas my location is the best place in aust to fly but im a bit far from any ware Esperance WAwhat about the postcode of all licences on a map then pick the middle?

Comment

Hi Ewan, Esperance sure is nice haven"t flown there only seen it earth bound. I"m liking the idea of the post code of members and going central based on that infomation. keep the ideas coming, the more ideas the more options.Matt

Comment

Murwillumbah - no question.

Comment

This is all well and good but we have an ASRA Nationals every year and at the last only 17 gyro owners bothered to show up and support their association.It was a central to the east coast location ,a perfect venue and perfect weather.We have two official nominations for next years Nats,both from Queensland.

Comment

I"m not so keen on nationals, competition, law and order past what"s needed for safe operations, I reckon an extra large swarm of gyro"s together, to break a record or just for the sake of it, would be a hoot

Comment

I"m not so keen on nationals, competition, law and order past what"s needed for safe operations, I reckon an extra large swarm of gyro"s together, to break a record or just for the sake of it, would be a hoot

Comment

Hi Murray, I see your point and I don"t want to see a clash with the Nats occur, I just reckon a once in a lifetime chance to have a red hot crack at a record like this would be fun and stir up a bit of interest. Good to hear there"s a couple of venues on offer for the Nats I"ll do my best to make it (parenting commitments have clashed the last couple of years). I always have plenty of interest in attending the Nats but committing to going is often pushed down a peg on my priority list and it"s not always how I want it to go. My point is I am sure I"m not the only one. If your reading this and have had the chance to go but haven"t your missing out the Nats are FUN!Danny the world we live in has led to plenty of rules and regs it"s a fact of modern society in developed countries, we are lucky ASRA is willing and still able to support a yearly event such as the Nats. This year at Burren was low on numbers and it"s a pity as from what I know of Burren it"s a great spot to fly gyros it ticks alot of boxes to hold a record attempt. Law and order past what is needed? As I said above I haven"t made it to the Nats for a while but going on past Nats I have attended I haven"t seen any thing other than events that are set up and run according to what is necessary to hold an event. Any attempt to break the record for most gyros will need some order of sequence. I can"t imagine 52 or 70 plus gyros all at the same airstrip cutting sick where ever and when ever they want if you know what I mean......Anyhow just my 1 cent worth.Matt

Comment

ok, ok , so I"ve had a **** day loaded with grizzling patients all expecting a bloody miracle, I apologise for up setting the apple cart. I know that ASRA do a great job and that we"re lucky to have such a great bunch of blokes working like made giving up their time for us all, thanks ASRA. My innocent point was that just for the hell of it, as a separate thing from the nationals, we might get a bunch of blokes together who might not get together at any other time, and have some fun. Of course it goes without saying that the event would need to be a safe one, we all know that! I understood that this event was to be an additional one and wasn"t intended to compromise the nationals in anyway.

Comment

ok, ok , so I"ve had a $%^& day loaded with grizzling patients all expecting a bloody miracle, I apologise for up setting the apple cart. I know that ASRA do a great job and that we"re lucky to have such a great bunch of blokes working like made giving up their time for us all, thanks ASRA. My innocent point was that just for the hell of it, as a separate thing from the nationals, we might get a bunch of blokes together who might not get together at any other time, and have some fun. Of course it goes without saying that the event would need to be a safe one, we all know that! I understood that this event was to be an additional one and wasn"t intended to compromise the nationals in anyway.I understand mate, apology accepted. There"s nothing wrong with the idea, in fact its brilliant cause it might be a galvanizing point & bring the flyers in from all over the country. One time distance was a big excuse, today its not a big deal.Go for it !!!

Comment

Hi JohnC, Murwillumbah is a good looking spot (I had a look on the net) would be neat to even up the tavell a bit for the west side of Aus. It certainly has some potential. Is there ever any complaints from nearby houses that you know of? Don"t know how the noise level would be tolerated? Would need to put a proposal to the tweed council I"d imagine....

Comment

Maybe I"m missing the point here but why would someone organise a big record breaking event when some poor sod organises one every year (ASRA Nationals) and no one bothers to show???Is everyone saying because it doesn"t have the ASRA brand on it they would attend? You don"t have to be involved in any competitions or judging in any form at a Nationals,All you need to do is show the same airman-ship as you you would anywhere else.Its an unfortunate fact that when you get a bunch of gyro"s together someone thinks its an invitation to go feral for the crowd ,so a degree of surveillance is guaranteed at any venue,and if it"s not ASRA guess who"s next up the food chain?

Comment

Seems to me that if this record should be attempted, it should be done at the nats.

Comment

I agree that it needs to be on the same weekend as the nationals as it hard enough to try and get away once a year, so kill 2 birds with one stone so to speek to make it worth while & it will be a bit more of an incentive for people to make the effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X