Surely we can beat 52 gyros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely we can beat 52 gyros

The Italians have the record of 52 gyros at the one event as the attached flyer states at the top of the first page. We could topple that record if there was a serious effort throughout the ASRA member population, somewhere central Aus??? ideas???

Hi AllGleeso

Comment

I think it"d be cool to be part of a world record, no matter how silly it is

Comment

We could do it very easily but just how you get our gyro owners on the same page is a challenge of epic proportions it seems . Why ? well, you have one group who does this and that & they dont associate with another group and then there"s one state who just feels left out of everything so they just do whatever...well, probably more than one state

Comment

I can see what you mean Chopper, still would be good to have a crack at it whatever the final tally. I"m already looking forwards to next years Nat"s for no other reason than there are like minded aviators there. Darren I didn"t know about the higher record. That would be a sight 70 plus gyros in the one paddock. I"ll count you in disco so that will make it 2!! Just need to figure out a venue. Your place???Matt

Comment

Hi AllMatt - the SA event was fantastic and I am proud to have been part of it, I would be even prouder to part of the Australian record when it happens.CheersDarren

Comment

This is my place.

Comment

Thanks for posting the photo Darren, that sure is alot of gyro action in one spot would have been a blast to be at for sure. Disco that is a good looking strip...Just so it"s clear I"m not suggesting that the ASRA board set this up i"m suggesting a few flyers from each state pool resourses (mainly time) and canvas every gyro flyer they know or know of (the friend of a friend scenario) and we all head for a central location in Aus for a communal get together have a fly swap lots of stories maybe a drink, regardless of where we fly or what sort of gyro we own or how its done where your from.....and smash the world record while we are at it...I know it will take a fair bit more than just saying your mates lets go to ? ? ? ? ? on a certain weekend and set a record....... Its just a thought....Matt

Comment

Count me in!Lets do it!Colin

Comment

Gleeso,If you want to do it, better start a facebook group for it.Dean

Comment

Face book group eh.... OK Disco i"ll have a look into setting one up, i don"t think this is going to happen over night but i reckon it can be done.....Thanks for the replys so far....Matt

Comment

This is my place.

Comment

What about the highest number of gyros in the air at any one time? Doesn"t matter whether they are all over Australia.That is, simultaneous take off or close to it and landing?Or, make your own record attempt from here...http://www.fai.org/record-rotorcraftHoges

Comment

Great idea Scott

Comment

g"day all...what a great plan. I"ve been thinking about giving gyros away, but this idea caught my eye. I reckon that I might be able to get a few of my god botherers together and that would add maybe another 10 or so

Comment

Working...
                              X