Rotor blade reflex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotor blade reflex

Can anyone tell me what would be the result if the reflex on a blade went from a negative at the root end to say neutral before say 1/3 of the span, and remain neutral until the tip end?Would this increase lift, or put you fairly in the mud?Anyone got a good (simple to use) lift calculator lying around?Ted

Go to a blade maker ie....Rob Patroney at Bundaberg, get it from the horses mouth, and he does know his sh.t....just my view.....Russ....A1014 NT....gods country

Comment

Ted, I reckon Russell has good advice there. Robs rotors are a delight to fly and have some really good things built into them and Rob seems to know what he's talking about.BrianYou never know how far you can go, till you get there !

Comment

Ted.Not sure what the answer to your question is, but consider this.The relative wind on the blades in autorotation causes A higher A.O.A (angle of attack) inboard, and a lower A.O.A. outboard.This is like the reflex found in most aircraft wings.The lift generated has a higher forward component closer to the hub, and higher vertical component towards the blade tips.These created forces are required for flight in autorotation.Having no qualifications in aerodynamics, I feel some of that forward component would be lost. ?Hope this helps. [][][]Regards Sam.

Comment

Anybody got Rob's number?ThanksTed

Comment

07 41548180Russ....A1014 NT....gods country

Comment

Thanks Russ.

Comment

Ted, did you get onto Rob ? and if so what was his feelings regarding your question ?Sam. [?]

Comment

Sam, Sorry not yet. Been too involved in trying to get my wayward mate Russ on to the right track. Since his brother in law called him a retard, I've been trying to be a wee bit more sensitive to his needs. Starting to think we should call the vet and have him put down.Ted

Comment

Working...
                  X