No announcement yet.

stick shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you birdy - i will have to look at my options - yet i dunno what they are - thanks guys for all the ideas of how to fix such problem cheers adrian

Comment

if one half of the hub bar had a twist of 0.15 mm in it making one blade fly high- would that cause the fore and aft shake? it would mean essentially shimming the teeter block to try even it up ?i noticed today when the rotors were at full teeter the hub bar wasnt lining up flush with the teeter stop. as to have both edges of the hub bar touch the teeter stop .i had shimming stock to measure the gap where the hub bar came to rest on the teeter stop cheers adrian

Comment

if one half of the hub bar had a twist of 0.15 mmYes.

Comment

Adrian, you may want to re-torque teeter block"s bolt(s) first before applying any shim. It could be the bolts are not torque evenly and caused 0.15mm (5.9 thou) out. Loosening the bolts and re tighten may surprisingly help. Juz a thought..

Comment

Adrian,I believe you said they were GGoodwin blades. His non extruded blades had a twist in the hub bar to provide the pitch settings so that may not be the problem. If the stick shake has always been there, is mainly fore and aft and the shake changes when you go into a banking turn then Birdy is spot on with his analysis - you need to to change the teeter block height on the hub bar to allow for enough blade coning. The other thing that can impact this is one of the cotton reels grabing - check the condition of the cotton reels and bearings/bushes. If they are "glacier bushes" then just replace both. If you check the tech specs on the glacier teflon coated bush you will see they last longer when oiled however if you operate in real dusty conditions as Birdy suggests then the oil will attract the dust and just produce a good grinding paste so the call to lube is based on where you operate from!Just my 10c worth,Adrian

Comment

Had the same with the MTO after splitting the blades for transport. I found out I had the bolts too tight on hub bar and rotors. I loosened them just a little and wound them up (without flying) and then let them die down without braking, then tightened them again to spec. Seemed to fix the problem. Can"t remember who suggested it however it straitened them out and they found their own balance.Cheers,Gordo

Comment

heya guys - i went

Comment

Adrian, can you give me a callkevin

Comment

Working...
                  X