Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it still flys

it"s seemed

When I fly Tony I feel sorry for the poor LH brain washed sods that are on the ground, (Some thinking that I"m an idiot.) Exhilaration sends natural drugs through your body that fight cancer. One day in my last life I flew a powered hang-glider into the side of a sand dune. I staggered down the dune and ripped the top off a VB and said F@#k that was fun! A young bloke lying in the sand lifted his hat and said "What, you just crashed and you think it"s fun" A few months later the bloke woke up completely paralysed even unable to eat. (Locked in syndrome) He had done nothing dangerous in his life. He spent many years in hospital with 24 hr care and eventually got a message out that he had had enough. The do-gooders running this country would not allow euthanasia and had to starve him to death! - So fly your **** off while you can.

Comment

Tony,Yes that was Les Edlington(spelling sorry) i think that might have been the last nationals he flew at, he has since sold his gyro, and taken up bowls i believe.I always wanted to ask him why he had the circle of ply over the hub bar, but i was too embaressed to ask, as it may have been a very obvious reason

Comment

Tony do work at all any more? >All u seem to do is sent ur 2bobs worth on here.Get out in the work area and do some thing ;D ;D

Comment

Tony,Yes that was Les Edlington(spelling sorry) i think that might have been the last nationals he flew at, he has since sold his gyro, and taken up bowls i believe.I always wanted to ask him why he had the circle of ply over the hub bar, but i was too embaressed to ask, as it may have been a very obvious reason Huh? A clever young man like you Bones, I thought you would have figured that out at first look, it"s just so simple.Graeme.

Comment

Bones,The theory of the ply disc on the hub bar was to reduce drag from the hub bar. Les was never sure if it made any difference but he decided to leave it there anyway. Les"s Gyro was the first gyro I ever saw in real life and not knowing a thing about gyros my first thought upon seeing his machine was "Holy F@#k do you actually fly that thing". Les

Comment

I believe Sportcopter Jim Vanek"s old man did that with a "frizbee" looking contraption encompassing the hub bar to reduce drag.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Bones,The theory of the ply disc on the hub bar was to reduce drag from the hub bar. Les was never sure if it made any difference but he decided to leave it there anyway. Les"s Gyro was the first gyro I ever saw in real life and not knowing a thing about gyros my first thought upon seeing his machine was "Holy F@#k do you actually fly that thing". Les

Comment

I believe Sportcopter Jim Vanek"s old man did that with a "frizbee" looking contraption encompassing the hub bar to reduce drag.Aussie Paul. He did. Claimed it worked well.

Comment

the weather gods have been kind again, 2 beautiful weekends in a row. i wonder if the god of "murphy"s law" will be just as kind and give us a good easter. i took photos today, just of farms, but with the rain we have some beautiful views. i had 1 photo published on the front cover of a local farm mag last year. so i"ll be busting to show some on the forum again. tonight maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X