This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplex Repeater to test you aircraft radio operational in SE Qld

Just found this on a plank site and thought you warm tasmanian"s might find it helpful to test your radios.Hi All The first simplex repeater in Australia is now operational from Ocean View which is west of YCAB it is up at 1700 ft so should have extreme range depending on your height above ground when flying. Range is expected to be somewhere between 100 and 300 nm maybe more if your radio has enough power. This repeater is available for all aircraft to use be it microlight,ultralight or GA even RPT Operation This is so simple. All you need to do is to select 131.375 on your radio then push your PTT button and say a sentence or two so long as you keep it to less than 30 secs then let the PTT button go and after around 1 second the repeater will send back to you your complete radio transmission as it heard it with a pretty good reproduction. If you hear squealling or lots of ignition noise or no audio at all this means YOUR radio in the aircraft has a problem and NEEDS to be rectified ASAP Please give it try you can even try it with a HH aviation radio from home if you wish to see if you can access it

Thanks Bones - excellent post.So for those that have this available to them I suggest that you perform a 360 degree turn while testing. This will give you your transmission quality and also any blind spots that you have and their size.(eg where your mast and body shield the radio signal between your antenna and the test site antenna) I suggest you perform a verbal radio count as you turn - this will give you the location of your blind spot and its shadow size. This is one of the many tests that I perform (as a ground station) for the radios I tune.Note that this frequency is at the high end of our allocated aviation band and may be out of the "premium" tune of your antenna (SWR reading).Regards........Chook.

Comment

Anyone tried it yet? if so, how is your radio working?

Comment

Anyone tried it yet? if so, how is your radio working?I still can"t get 4TO really well yet.Graeme.

Comment

The simplex repeater is off air at the moment. I have been having all sorts of issues trying to get it to work on AM....blowed if I know why..I have made up 4 different radio units using different brands and 2 different storage modules....the first worked ok except it had a lot of baseband noise which was not good the others the levels are extremely low...... maybe this is why there are none around. Anyway I will get back to it soonMark

Comment

I really meant to say good bye to old forum

Comment

Working...
            X