Kicking around an idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking around an idea

OK, I live on a peninsular that is 130km from the city of Darwin by road but 4 or 5 km across the harbour. So i build a 2 seat gyro on a/c floats, totally simple, no instruments, with wheels in the floats, so the misses and I can fly across the harbour not above say 10 feet altitude. There"s no boat registration in the NT and the harbour is in controlled air space. It"s therefore in my opinion a boat. I may even get some ground effect if we go low enough. An economic and fast way to slip into town when the ferry boat is not running. It"s not a gyro so I don"t need ASRA rego. Just putting this on the forum so anyone can shoot holes in my idea ;D (Plus I"ve had a few home brews, hope it makes sense in the morning)

Sounds like a great idea Max, only in the Northern Territory.........

Comment

Bloody hell, just grab a blackfellas traditional dug out canoe,and paddle over, you could even use a traditional spear, and plonk a turtle or 2 , on the way back home grab a traditional cask of grapejuice, and do what traditional folks doThen again, I spose you could use that traditional govt handout that them folks demand, and grab a taxi all the way home, whilst refreshing yourself on that grapejuice, then when you get home, open the door and do a bolt, that,s traditional tooChrist, I miss the place
      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Bloody hell, just grab a blackfellas traditional dug out canoe,and paddle over, you could even use a traditional spear, and plonk a turtle or 2 , on the way back home grab a traditional cask of grapejuice, and do what traditional folks doThen again, I spose you could use that traditional govt handout that them folks demand, and grab a taxi all the way home, whilst refreshing yourself on that grapejuice, then when you get home, open the door and do a bolt, that,s traditional tooChrist, I miss the placeThat all sounds a bit tradituional to me, why don"t you try something new?Graeme.

Comment

I"m half way through my second bottle of portt and it all sounds good to me.Graeme.

Comment

Just to be sure to be sure max, tie a rope on to the gyro and a couple of kg"s weight on the other end, drag it thru the water and there you have its a boat.....

Comment

Two suggestions Max.http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/9078...es-beachAnyway, you are a b... kiwi, you could do this.

Comment

going out on a limb here but I think I can remember reading that once you get above 5ft your ass belongs to casa. why don"t you set up your ej motor as a swamp boat and power across [ no rego ]

Comment

going out on a limb here but I think I can remember reading that once you get above 5ft your ass belongs to casa. why don"t you set up your ej motor as a swamp boat and power across [ no rego ]

Comment

5 ft is plenty high enough for me. I want an all weather transport which a rotary-wing can supply. The NZ vehicle looks like a soft coc toy to me. Would blow over in a bit of wind and a croc. would eat it like marsh mellow. (Have us for desert) Flew over a naked woman the other day. A change from crocs. ;D

Comment

Hey Max, Did you hear the story of Bill Black from the South Island, when he took any blokes on a Tiki tour. He had a certain route, on this trip says to the passenger, have a gander at this. Over a house and the lady gives them a bonza view of her assets. Bill says " happens all the time"

Comment

it"s never ever happened to me not ever. closest i"ve come to it was while in my training I looked out and down to see if she had anything on, only to find her face down and the bloke rolled over to give a fully laid back full frontal. one of the very few times I was grateful to be at 300 ft.

Comment

Superman once dived down when he saw wonder woman lying naked on her back and said "how did you like that" she answered "Don"t know, you"d better ask the invisible man" ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X