THe Fun of The 21st Century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THe Fun of The 21st Century

Been busy getting my gyro up to scratch & its surprising how not much to do takes ages to acomplish !!Finally found someone to sell me a bit of 21/2 inch scat tube.....one place wanted me to buy 28 foot

and the old faithful suby [ that always fitted like an old pair of slippers ] sits idly by gathering dust.

Comment

and the old faithful suby [ that always fitted like an old pair of slippers ] sits idly by gathering dust.

Comment

chopper , I know of a 6ft and 100 kg pilot looking or his first machine, just f.y.i. on old faithful. I know that @ 6"4" I can"t really ever fit comfortably in a pod though.

Comment

Chopper, do your self a favour and replace those lock wires on ya exhaust springs with swaged cables (rudder cable), i used to lock wire mine but got sick of em breaking must be the vibes with heat or something wolfy

Comment

Chopper, do your self a favour and replace those lock wires on ya exhaust springs with swaged cables (rudder cable), i used to lock wire mine but got sick of em breaking must be the vibes with heat or something wolfyThanks for that tip. Will do !!

Comment

chopper , I know of a 6ft and 100 kg pilot looking or his first machine, just f.y.i. on old faithful. I know that @ 6"4" I can"t really ever fit comfortably in a pod though.

Comment

Not sure that old faithfull would be an ideal first gyro because of the higher thrust line.Glad you made that comment Brian.Aussie Paul.

Comment

We lockwire ours and run a bead of that red high temp silicone from end to end. Stops the wire from wearing through from the vibrations and in the event that a spring does break it holds it all together and stops it going through the prop. Its not pretty, but it works..Funny you said that browny cause thats more or less what the lady from Bert Floods said. Didnt seem to make sense at first cause I thought silicon might get too hot plus I took it that she was saying to fill the inside right up but I might have that wrong.I have plenty of silicon & rudder cable so I have options.

Comment

Glad you made that comment Brian.Aussie Paul. There is a big difference in the way the Rosco & my new gyro flies & handles and its taken some time to adjust to the much different behavior with the new one being a heap more user friendly & it definitely flies more like a CLT gyro . I"m looking forward to hang testing & seeing exactly where it sits.Another thing PB is that with the 2.2 & the c box, there is the possibility of low hour pilot being a bit enthusiastic on the throttle cause cause stress on that gearbox.

Comment

There is a big difference in the way the Rosco & my new gyro flies & handles and its taken some time to adjust to the much different behavior with the new one being a heap more user friendly & it definitely flies more like a CLT gyro . I"m looking forward to hang testing & seeing exactly where it sits.Another thing PB is that with the 2.2 & the c box, there is the possibility of low hour pilot being a bit enthusiastic on the throttle cause cause stress on that gearbox.

Comment

Taking off this morning I found WOT & found in a climb indicating approx 1000 feet per minute that I had 5200 revs. I was just slightly disappointed thinking I might have had the full 5500 available but I imagine at S&L that the revs might increase slightly ??Funny to think I had seen 5000 revs are few times & didnt realize how close to WOT I actually was.

Comment

Working...
                        X