Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

never get sick of emergency engine out landings ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never get sick of emergency engine out landings ...

hey guys -just a short video 9 min thing of a real engine out landing - just went out for a nice flight - and with in the first 5 - 10 mins of flight it got interesting -cant remember the last time i have so much going on in my head last time i flew ..a video for those guys and girls thats joined up to find out more about gyros-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRZAThWhP9ccheers adrian

glad you had a safe one Adrian.

Comment

glad you had a safe one Adrian.

Comment

Adrian what caused the engine stoppage?Chook.

Comment

thank you chook for that question - when it happen - i actually thought i have tweaked something - as before hand i went over the bolts with two spanners and just tweaked them up a notch or so just checking the bolts hadnt come loose preflight stuff - and it was a given when i landed the fuel pump wasnt working . having a second fuel pump is great - made no difference cause i cant start the engine in flight so landing was the next best option-long story short - i used to be able to start the engine in flight but over time the ring gear had come a drift being seated on a alloy flywheel since then i just take to prop starting .so i was faced with a few problems - was either an earthing issue or a fuel pump issue -at that time i wasnt sure .. i fired up the second fuel pump and had a quick look around the gyro for any damage - all i ended up with was a flat front tire - i swung on the prop and she fired in to life- now that got my brain thinking all over again - if the fuel pump failed it should had been a pain to start since say running out of fuel . so switch lead back to a earthing terminal issue - so checking the wiring as to how it looked and thought nothing more of it - i managed to taxi out of the paddock more weed than sand - and was able to go through a gate in the paddock that lead to another paddock that was alot flatter as to say - and much smoother - never the less it was to take off a bit up hill and with a front flat tire. eventually got the gyro back in the air taking off on the power curve as to keep that front tire off the ground she took her merry old time getting off but got there-flew back to the airfield and landed - from having alot closer look at the toggle switches both toggles for both pumps the wiring hand pulled out the terminal witch cut the power to the fuel pump and the ignition turning on the second fuel pump brought power back to the ignition - ( its just the way its wired weird . i know ) spent money on some new toggle switch - got marine toggles coming - and i have replaced the wiring linked up from the toggles so shes all the go -took her out for an hour flight - done a few bunny hops - flew the length of the airfeild say 6 ft off the ground just to make sure that what i was thinking got cleared up and spent an enjoying the weather - cheers adrian

Comment

Working...
          X