Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum

Welcome back Forum. A big page used to pop up saying "Forbidden" For a while I thought it was only me that was banned for telling too many sex jokes ;D

Welcome back Forum. A big page used to pop up saying "Forbidden" For a while I thought it was only me that was banned for telling too many sex jokes ;D I reckoned you would be the problem Max. Aussie Paul.

Comment

Yes everyone seemed to be blaming themselves [ guilty conscious ] but i like your idea beter max,

Comment

Hmmmmm"......... Gess I should retreave the pooter from the septic tank then.

Comment

Birdy I tried throwin mine in the tank and it came straight back out. The bugs in the tank recond I had worser viruses in the pooter than what was in tha tank!It has taken me 3 weeks to get back on line after getting this thing cleaned ($149 @ the local nerd shop), then realising that the cleaner had removed more programs and data than the original problems and finally buying a brand new pooter with the latest software. Nevermind having to convert all of my old email files so that the new program would recognise them and of course bringing all of the bookmarks....... and on it went.I"m looking forward to the day when someone videos themselves tracking one of these virus manufacturers down, walks in and puts 9mm in the back of his scone.I have been hit twice in the last 9 years with the fruits of these b@stards. Thats 3 weeks that I could have been working on my gyro.Regards....Chook.

Comment

or fixing other peoples radios chook. I wondered where you had been. I kept thinking , chook has the life of R & R , hardly answers his e-mails anymore. but actually you were stressing. sorry about that mate. !!!!!

Comment

Chook,........ Nnnnnnnnning........ All that went way over my thick head.

Comment

Chook, about 100 years ago my neighbour was a Prof at Monash Uni, and told me to go Apple. I did, and have never had a virus. Sophos is an industrial grade virus catcher, and about 4 years ago made their product free for Mac. I saw a few virus, all aimed at the PC market. Have a look at Sophos, they might have made it free now for PC.When you want to upgrade your computer, Mac provides Migration Assistant, and it all comes across, no worries. All connections, email bookmarks etc. Anything that will not work is put in a special folder, so you know what to upgrade or replace.None of this register crap when you upgrade the OS. Apple trusts you. The latest operating system is free…Graham

Comment

Thanks Graham. Yep I have had the Mac argument explained to me.I am using Kesperski (now) as my virus protection and was interested to see that they also have a Mac antivirus product available for Macs. So they too are not protected against these cretons (the ones with the 9mm hole in the back of their skulls). They just see it as a game or a challenge or some way make themselves famous. They don"t experience the infuriation and waste that they cause.I had not even started reloading my computer with all of my "bits" when I downloaded "Firefox". This is another choice of internet explorer (I hate being tied to MSN9 on windows explorer without being asked for it-more unsolicited adverstising).I had been caught before so I was very careful which of 20 or so available free Mozilla downloads I picked. So after downloading and accepting the required permissions for my computer to load the program I was VERY pi55ed when after about an hour a pile of popup advertisements started appearing while viewing internet content (including this site)I went back to the loading history and spotted 2 extra programs which had come in on the back of Mozilla Firefox. However when trying to uninstall them I couldn"t using the windows uninstall feature.Being an old guy who was familiar with DOS I went into the "back door" and tried wacking these programs there. The cunning ba5tards had put special permissions onto their files. So out to the shed and my library where I discovered a copy of DOS 1985 version

Comment

Working...
                  X