New Rotax engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rotax engines

Rotax has just released a new line of lightweight 4 cycles for snowmobile and marine use. Available in twin 600 and triple 900. Dual overhead cam, four valve/cylinder, fuel injection, crank / bearings designed for belt drive. You can buy a complete Sea-doo with the Rotax Ace 900 triple(60hp, 90hp in high output)for $US4995.

How awsome would they be? I can guess if you can buy a whole seadoo for $5000, the bare motor will be available soon here in Aus for $44,000, plus gearbox, plus airbox silencer, plus exhaust system, plus ecu, plus wiring harness, plus

Comment

I can guess if you can buy a whole seadoo for $5000, the bare motor will be available soon here in Aus for $44,000, ????????? I don"t think the exchange rate is that bad.

Comment

Nothing to do with the exchange rate Tim, more to do with the "Flood rate" ;D

Comment

If you needed the best, most reliable power to weight Muz, you"d be thinkn the rotax is just the ticket, and defiantly not expensive.

Comment

They are definately hard to beat, pretty well perfect (unless they crack thier cases) but we arent all rich cattle barrons Birdy

Comment

You"d be lucky to find a Hillman Imp out there Muz - unless it was trucked out.

Comment

Never know wot you"ll find out ere.Probably got a couple lie,n round, but can"t say for sure. ( coz I don"t hava clue wot they are).

Comment

I used to think the rotaxes were expensive but after putting around in one for a bit over 200 hours, I have got to say that I reckon they are cheap.The subys are excellent for cruising & are terrific value for money but for working..........dont come close.For those who dont know, I have spent about 5,000 hours in a suby 2.2 Rosco machine working so I reckon I"m well qualified to comment.I"m no rich grazier by any stretch of the imagination & to have bought a new 912 machine back years ago would have taken a bit of doing but knowing what I now know, there"s no way I wouldnt have got one !!!

Comment

I"m still suffering from traumatic stress disorder after purchasing a simple, basic, 503 muffler 7 yrs. ago from BF costing $900 I think the prices are "over the top" and us pheasants like Muz and I are forced to battle away on our recycled car engines :"(

Comment

Yes, I can understand the arguement from all sides, there is just no way I could get enough cash for one, so for me, as excellent as they are.... simply out of the question....I am not interested in doing any work with any sort of aircraft.... Before when I started in gyros and built my own, then about 3 others, helped other people build a couple, built a 2 seater for a guy, same as Sam Polyaks with the blue sport car seat, only 2 of them.... it ended up I was too busy working on other machines to be flying mine..... so I am happy to complete mine and fly it when and where I want for as long as I want, or not at all if thats what I want.

Comment

I used to get my engines from Wade Marlow when he used to carry Rotaxes....

Comment

Somewhere around 1967 a bloke where I worked showed me some plans of a gyrocopter with a hillman imp engine which I drooled over (but didn"t have 2 pennies to rub together) I remember the imp well. A great micro-car.

Comment

yeah, I have some imp engines here. unfortunately they are only 39 Hp and weigh a bit more than a 582..... can use GT head and boost Hp to about 59 Hp, but the weight once a re drive were fitted would make it less than suitable, IMOA shame.... very good engines

Comment

Rotax has just released a new line of lightweight 4 cycles for snowmobile and marine use. Available in twin 600 and triple 900. Dual overhead cam, four valve/cylinder, fuel injection, crank / bearings designed for belt drive. You can buy a complete Sea-doo with the Rotax Ace 900 triple(60hp, 90hp in high output)for $US4995.So Graeme, is anyone in the US selling just the engines? Any website where we can check them out?

Comment

Working...
                              X