Erskin Park in the 90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erskin Park in the 90's

I have been going through my old VHS videos I took when flying at Erskin Park. There is quite alot of footage showing all the good old boys. I have to get the DVD"s onto computer and can then lift some photos off or short movies. If anyone wants any photos let me know. The videos consist of glider training, Alan (biggles) Bridger, Joe, Dante, Rob, The late Jeff Henly-Smith (including when he rolled his VW in a ball), Ron King among others. I also have video of the nationals at Lamaroo in 1993 and have a tape of Forbes in 1995, but the cassette has mildew on the actual tape (inside the cassette) so I am a bit nervous about running it thru the VCR. Will try once the cassette is dry enough.Another interesting subject on the tapes (now on DVD) is when the 3 Mccutcheon Windryders dropped in when we were at Lake George, one being Alan Bridgers, not sure who owned the other 2, but good old footage. These pics are just digital snaps of the TV screen. My computer blew up and I am using a netbook at the moment, that doesnt have a cd on it, so I cant put the dvd on until I can get them on a stick to transfer them.I would like to hear from any of the old Erskin Park boys, I used to fly the turbo EA81 V tail machine that no one could keep up with

So, no one remembers Erskin Park? I have lots of video of training and the glider, was great. When did it stop being used? Did the mine lose its lease or did the gyros just get ordered off?

Comment

Where abouts in Erskine Park was the airfield Muz, I was once told it was in Bakers Lane but I"m not sure if that"s right. There is an abandon airfield called Kennetts strip in the general area and was wondering if that"s where it used to be.

Comment

So, no one remembers Erskin Park? I have lots of video of training and the glider, was great. When did it stop being used? Did the mine lose its lease or did the gyros just get ordered off?I flew at Erskin Park Muz. Did BFR with Allan Bridger long before you needed a BFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!Aussie Paul.

Comment

Yeah I am just wondering what happened to everyone.... like Dante Bassot, Rob Joyce, Joe and a few of the othersHaving a nostalgia attack I guess

Comment

Hiits been more than 12 years since I have flown a gyro.I would love a copy of some of the Erskine Pk in the 90s DVD.Now living in Nowra .Getting married and a new family stopped my flying.I hope one day I will get back into it.Ron King.

Comment

Hi Ron, that"s a shame you had to stop flying..... I have found that trying to give up may work for a while, but the want to get back to it is hard to ignore.I think the last time I saw you was when Sam and I came to Nowra and saw you and all your jeeps, when we were trying to get Sam bare footing behind your tinny on the river

Comment

Things have been busy for me.My father died a while back and I now run/work for my self business wise.I am still in contact with Leeroy Gibson.Time and money are now stoppingme from flying.Erskine Pk was a top place to fly from as we had few restrictions

Comment

Just kick them out and by one now?Just saying

Comment

Working...
                  X