No announcement yet.

Calidus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That"s funny that you say that Birdie... I have never seen a euro tandem machine do anything like a short takeoff, every one I have seen do a takeoff, has always been a long, drawn out takeoff run, where I am thinking, "it will eventually lift off wont it?" All of the ones I have seen in person, and all of the videos I have seen, they all seem to sort of "labour" into the air.... like tat blue one in England that struggled off the ground then got behind the power curve and landed/balled up next to the highway..... they just don"t seem (from what I have watched) to be real sporty or performance orientated? For example, at Wondai at Easter, where Mork did about a 10"takeoff in the sport copter, nearly wound the rotor off of it with the prerotator on the spot, then launched it in like about 10"maximum..... real impressive, but the euro clones seem to take for ever to get off, even one up?I agree Muz the demo Mork did was impressive, mind you if I had to make a choice for a x country trip I am happy to sacrifice the longer takeoff run for the comfort and storage of a euro machine.If you get the opportunity there is a YouTube video put out by Qatar Autogyro that shows nil roll on take offs and landings albeit wind assisted.

Comment

• If you get the opportunity there is a YouTube video put out by Qatar Autogyro that shows nil roll on take offs and landings albeit wind assistedAny gyro can do that.Hell, any aircraft can do it.

Comment

• Yes, even a Cessna can do a verticle take off in 55-60kt wind

Comment

• Jal, I am just talking about what is in "the manual" I read a copy of the takeoff procedure from one of the euros and it just said that line up with centre line, prerotate to 200+ rpm then brakes from park to flight, stick back then slam the jandal.... (oh, sorry, that was the NZ version I guess) ;DI know that with Mork in charge of training here in Aus, the proper procedure and plenty of knowledge of proper rotor handling would be taught, you can bet on that. My point is that prerotating is made difficult and "unnatural" for want of a better word, to have to have the stick right forward (even into the perfect headwind) for the reason I outlined above.On the taxying downwind, the manual also stated all taxying apart from take off run should be done with the rotors stopped

Comment

• Yes, you know when the rotors are rearing to go when you feel like someone just grabbed your machine and feels like they are suddenly holding you back and you have to ease the stick forward a little to get more ground speed then full slam of the jandal and you"re off

Comment

• Yes, you know when the rotors are rearing to go when you feel like someone just grabbed your machine and feels like they are suddenly holding you back and you have to ease the stick forward a little to get more ground speed then full slam of the jandal and you"re off

Comment

• Yes, even a Cessna can do a verticle take off in 55-60kt wind

Comment

• None would be my guess.... GA and fun don"t really go together in my opinion. The only time I really had any fun in GA was when I used to rent a 150 aerobat and flog the poop out of it ;D and then I usually got in trouble for it

Comment

• Nar, GA used to be fun.

Comment

• I agree disco, once I got hooked on gyros (when I first saw one in the flesh at Lake George).... flying GA was far from my mind. When I used to go to Temora with my gyro, I did sometimes take the boys for a blat in the 172 just to stay current.... but one hour in the Cessna, I could fly my gyro for a week, so I gave that sh!t up

Comment

Working...
                      X