EA81 props?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA81 props?

Just enquiring what props people have used on direct drive EA81? On my turbo direct drive I ran a sweetapple 55 x 34 timber 2 blade which was very effective, but very, very noisy, I was wondering if anyone has had any success with 3 blade props on direct drive soobs? My sweetapple probably needed a little more pitch, it would easily push it to 4150 rpm, so in cruise I had to limit the throttle to about 39-4000 rpm to try and quiet it down a bit. Other than that, if using some sort of reduction, what is likely the most successful that can use electric start? What is the best ratio and prop size/type? Does anyone know the weights of the EA81 and EJ22? I am guessing the 22 is easier to get a redrive for?Any ideas would be helpful

Muz The most common re-drives I have noticed on ea 81s are the NSI and rotax C boxes. I have seen 72 to 76 inch props on both of these re-dives. cannot tell you the ratios though. Not sure how to get an NSI these days. I don"t know much about direct drive props, even though I have one in the shed.Matt

Comment

Working...
    X