What would be the cause of this crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the cause of this crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOd2PnR_YUUOver correction?

What caused it...?

Comment

He was too savage with the stick.... he was punching the stick forward like he was in the ring with Mohamed ali.... it is on the US forum, someone put his GoPro footage on there too.... he is obviously a flyer of something else, he knows what the stick is generally for and doesn"t "freak out" he just overdoes his movements of the stick and not allowing for the lag a gyro stick has.... then when he finally lands it on its wheels, he didn"t get the throttle bakk to an idle and he runs it into the gutter with a few too many revs still happening, so the blades get to play tag with the tarmac

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your informed opinions.

Comment

Gryt, did you watch both videos? It is a great "learning tool" every student should watch. It shows a person who can fly something else, thinking he can just jump in a gyro and work it out on the go....He had the right idea what to do with the stick, but not the skill and finesse yet... that is why it is so, so important to get lessons from an instructor.... rather than buy a machine and think you can just get in it and go... :

Comment

He"s throwing that stick around everywhere. Obviously no experience. Overcorrecting.

Comment

I do think the film is running faster than 1-1.... but yes, he is punching it around like a champ in the ring. He obviously has prior training in something, maybe fw ultralite, he has no fear of it, but doesn"t evidently know about the small lag in controlling a gyro, so it is one step behind him all the way and he is pumping in control movements so fast that the gyro just turns into a bucking bronco

Comment

He had enough airspeed to lift off, how else would he jump 6 foot in the air. Just hasn"t learnt how to takeoff yet. And far out over controlling.

Comment

I"ve seen that sort of thing before more than once. Usually caused by bigger balls than brains. ;D

Comment

He only got off behind the power curve and dropped again, I am sure he was only at half throttle or something, not full throttle.... and once he had it firmly on the ground he still didn"t shut down the throttle and took his feet off the rudders to stop it as well..... That"s right Max.... because people think gyros are toys and easy to "master"

Comment

Gryt, did you watch both videos? It is a great "learning tool" every student should watch. It shows a person who can fly something else, thinking he can just jump in a gyro and work it out on the go....He had the right idea what to do with the stick, but not the skill and finesse yet... that is why it is so, so important to get lessons from an instructor.... rather than buy a machine and think you can just get in it and go... :No I did not see the other video but I will search it out.

Comment

Wot caused the crash?The idiot on the stick.Sposed to hava pilot sitn there, not idiots.

Comment

No I did not see the other video but I will search it out.Check the link for the US forum in my post above. Both videos are on that limk

Comment

Check the link for the US forum in my post above. Both videos are on that limk Thanks I will

Comment

yeah what birdy said.

Comment

Working...
                              X