Rotor blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotor blades

Two classic examples of rotating rotors versus the speed of light.
    1 - The speed of the advancing blade is added to the speed of light and the speed of the retreating blade is subtracted from the speed of light, making the rotor blades appear out of line with each other.
    2 - the considerable variation of the speed of each individual blade from the root to the tip makes each blade appear bent.

unless that is a photo of max flying it after he came back from BYRON BAY.

Comment

before blades were bent
      Attached Files
      Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

he is all rugged up for the cold ross, where and who is that a photo of , or did you paint G318 and pack on the weight over easter,

Comment

• RossM
          RossM commented
          Editing a comment
          just off the internet

I have never met you Tony but am fitting together a mental profile of you and after meeting your daughter I have removed all the African and Asian features. O'l JC drove me up to Mullumbimby and we checked out the airstrip. Poor blighters had the cyclone flood rush through their 'raised' hangers with 1.5 mtrs. water going through the hangers and destroying all GA aircraft. The gov. should help people in that area but it seems they would rather send our money to the middle east. Considering that this is a rotorblade thread one of the best blades I ever had was a set of prop damaged 28' 'Rick's Rotors' which I picked up cheap and cut off the damaged bits and re-bolted the plates. Ended up with 24'- 4'' Love your beaches over there. Was able to swim without looking over my shoulder for a giant lizard.
        Last edited by mad max; 29-04-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Just recently saw a Blue Rosco just like that one with a bit over 8000 hours on the hour meter.... Obviously not all original but that's good going!

Comment

hello max, yes your skills of being a profiler are 100% right so far. ha ha. Reegan said you went looking for her and that you are a very easy man to talk too, so thank you for following through to meet her. I have only seen a few wedding photos but certainly a very beautiful bride . and a couple of them all together ,
            struth it was ten years ago I was giving them driving lessons. another generation has evolved .

Comment

Opps, I can see I need to do a bit more studying here. I understood that objects with mass cannot travel faster than the speed of light. I also believe that photons do not have mass.
              Muz offered a "hypothetical" theory about two torches facing each other. Assume for this example that the light from the opposing torches is traveling at the speed of light. If you take the photons from one torch as a base reference then the closing speed of the photons from the other torch is twice the speed of light. Simple relativity, like two bodies travelling side by side in space - Relative to each other they are not moving but relative to earth they may be doing 24,000mph. They can touch and not damage each other. However if they were traveling at opposite directions and hit, the closing speed would be 48,000mph, with considerable damage I would suspect.
              I digress. The speed of light (the universal constant) is a finite figure and is measured in the only units that we earthbound figures understand - mph or kph. When we see an object, the only reason that we can see it is because of the "light" from that object hits our eye. If we can travel away from that object fast enough, the light from that object takes longer to reach us, and if we can travel fast enough towards that object the light reaches us more quickly, giving the illusion of slowing down and fastening up time.
              So, can photons (light) travel faster than 186,000mps? I guess it would depend entirely on your frame of reference. Some learned person may be able to school me up better on this.
              Having said that my initial statements about the above photo were in error as variation of rotor tip speed of 700mph and the speed of light at 186,000mps would be insignificant and unnoticeable to the naked eye without some pretty advanced measuring equipment.
              I have been rightly corrected on another forum, anything with mass can never travel faster than the speed of light, and for all intents and purposes it would be neigh on impossible to even get close.

Comment

Personally Tim, I'm looking forward to reincarnating back to this planet when asra has evolved into 'PAGRFM' ( personal anti gravity recreational flying machines) so we can zip around close to the speed of light or even go faster by bending space/time and have a slightly broader poke around the universe.

Comment

struth , TIMMY you will have to translate that into ordinary language for my mates and I can pass that onto ROSS and JUSTIN to read.

Comment

Don't worry about Tony, Tim. Fitter and Turners (Machinists) are easily confused.

Murray, there is something quicker.

Three men at a bar argue over the fastest thing in the world. First man says "A thought is the fastest thing. You just think, its there". Second man says "A blink is faster, it's so fast you can't see it". Third man says "It's electricity, flick a switch and there is instant light". A drunk leans over and says "The fastest thing is diarrhea because the other night in bed, before I could think, blink or turn the light on, I sh it myself".

Tony. look at this photo of a turning prop.

https://petapixel.com/2015/11/14/thi...of-propellers/

Attached Files
                    Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

lucky thing about this tim is that ross only works [ well goes to a place where he gets paid to work ] a couple of days a week and the rest of the time he trolls the internet and finds things that explains things perfectly. ..

Comment

in my lathe days ross, [ that was when i was on the tools WORKING ] I would quite often have the chuck spinning, maybe only a few hundred R.P.M., and when needed blink quickly. that was "strobing it" mate just like your camera shutter speed working.it allowed me to see things that mere mortals could only dream about. .

Comment

Working...
                        X