latest greatest gyro news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest greatest gyro news.

I got the latest mag during the week and I know others would agree that it is great quality with even better reading.
    this time particulary the tech section from MARK . [ I'm certain you lurk on here. ] .
    as would be expected from what Mark writes, he has pushed the legal side of his reports, but also en-twinges into layman's language like me. one of your better reports MARK , thank you .

I really don't know where Mark finds the time to do the work he does for ASRA. Crime fighter by day, ASRA journalist by night.
    We're lucky to have him.

Comment

yes rick the short story is we are lucky to have him. quite a story teller too. .

Comment

What is with the gyro with the missing wheel. Besides not being registered.
        A good mag.
        Thanks girls and guys
        Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

I think Ross the missing wheel photo was a shot from the old days slipped in there to lighten up the mag as a form of entertainment and humour. I have a feeling there shall be more similar shots in future gyro news mags. May I say the CASA close call magazine that came with Gyro news is superb! It's good to have sport aviation close calls seperate from GA. It is not only educational and will save many lives by learning from other close calls but is incredibly entertaining. I may even one day submit a skydiving incident I experienced about 38 yrs. ago.

Comment

hello max , i'll jump the que on the skydiving story.
            a long time ago an ex defence force diving instructor put an advert in our local paper to start up a school . I was straight on the phone so I could cross it off my bucket list. . I was his first customer, the big day arrived and I signed the waver form without reading it as it was my choice to take the trip of a life time.
            they never had a suit to fit me so advised me to rug up. [ believe me all the clothes I wore wasn't enough to keep me warm for the few seconds free falling. but that was after I eventually got up there.
            they hired a passing Cessna and pilot to take us up to the 10,000ft height . they got the front passenger seat out but needed to help with the back seat out.
            for those that don't know the tandum jump means the mug in the front is strapped onto the guy with the shut at the rear of me . but you have to get strapped together on the ground while standing up with help from others . AND THEN GET INTO THE AIRCRAFT. 2 men strapped together and with me in and then MAL getting in there is quite a bit of bum shuffling along inside , with not a lot of room for it . when your in there you both have to turn around so me at the front can come out first . because I'm in front..
            I also paid for a video man who sat "back to front" in the front where the that seat was removed also. . so the engine was started and we were taxing and also rolling for take off.
            the plane was heading down the strip , the front wheel started getting light and with only half a cough . the noise STOPPED .
            the pilot rolled the Cessna off to one side and we had all vacant looks on our faces.
            ANOTHER FEW SECONDS and we would of been airborn and over the fence and crossing the main road. and toast.
            they asked the pilot what the ########***%%!!!!! happened.
            the guy said 1 wing tank was empty and the other had very little in it and when we shimmied in on our ass's we must of bumped the valve / tap. and accidentally turned it, jut like in the middle of casa "close call book."
            anyway got it started climbed to 10,000ft and got out and fell down and froze .the free fall was ok except for the cold ,but with the shut out was amazing.
            seems like a more than rare occurance considering how easy it can happen.
            anyone thinking of doing it should ask the pilot to check the tap or it could be worse.
            a great story in there from our WADDLES too.

Comment

Yep I read the Waddles story. You're lucky Tony (or unlucky) the tandem instructor was not gay Cricky, the skydivers certainly knock around the inside of the aircraft. Once during a takeoff I had my back to the dash with big bulky EX military parachute and I had an itchy bum during take off so moved a bit to scratch it and I knocked the big flap switch on the Cessna dash up and the overloaded planes flaps started to raise up. The pilot was quick and heaved me nearly out the door and pushed the switch back down.

Comment

Working...
              X