• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    Totally unacceptable.
    Like the nyloc nut on the teeter bolt.

Leave a comment:

• Tsemler
    replied
    Thanks Ross, I knew it wasn't a Patroney Head, I couldn't remember the name of the manufacture when I posted it, but I do recall Gyrotech being mentioned, Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RossM
    replied
    Your photo Trent is of a Gyrotech rotor head, made at Inverell (I think) in Northern NSW.
    retired years ago.
    also made rotors, which there is a AD on.
    http://asra.org.au/application/files...tor_Blades.pdf

Brians photo, is this a Revolution by Rob Patroney?
    Last edited by RossM; 12-07-2017, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tsemler
    replied
    Is that your rotorhead Brian? It was brought to my attention that a bloke over this way has found a crack in a rotorhead similar in design (one piece) to the head in your picture. Hopefully the photo is below... (crack is in the corner)

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Its good to get to learn as much as you can about those extremely important bits of your gyro so that if something is not right, you can identify it & get it fixed.

I once flew for 3 hours in a straight line, will never forget it ! into a howling headwind ( 40 Kilometers per hour) ground speed ) and rough as guts to boot, however I was flying the Rosco ! Had I been in the Green machine, it would at least been a nice smooth ride

Leave a comment:

• tonydenton
    replied
    I have just fitted new bearings into my Patroney Rotar head last week . and tweeked a couple of cotton reels. it was actually satisfying to familerise myself with it all pulled apart , been that long a good check up was overdue.
    I don't turn in mine , I just fly straight and level..

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    started a topic AK Rotors

AK Rotors

A warning for those buying new AK rotors or new hub bars. Seems one hub bar has turned up with a plate between the pillar block & the hub bar. Totally unacceptable.
    Also check once fitted rotors fitted to gyro that you have the full amount of teeter clearance because one set of AK's did NOT have the required clearance, fortunately the pilot had enough experience to recover from the hammering that came through the stick when he tried his first turn.
Working...
X