Jack Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Allen

Jack Allen, the well known rotor blade manufacturer and gyro builder passed away in the early hours this morning at his home in Swansea NSW. He was in his eighties and still tinkering around with gyros. There are a couple of gyros under construction in his shed nearly completed. Jack had stopped making blades some time ago, but was still building machines. I first met Jack in the late eighties, he made my first set of blades when there were not many options for rotor blades in Australia.He will be missed by a great many people, he was an excellent craftsman from the old school, and a true gentleman.

Condolences to Jacks family and loved ones on his passing. I didn.t know him, but have flown on his blades many times.It would be great if some people that knew him could write some of his history? As I said, I only know of him thru his rotors, but would like to know more about him.... All I know is he was definitely one of our Aussie legends.

Comment

Condolences to family & friends. Whilst I never met Jack Allen, I heard his name mentioned many times & gyros were a big part of his life. Many flew on Jack Allen rotors & are probably still flying today.

Comment

I was talking to him a couple of months ago!!! RIP Jack...Aussie Paul.

Comment

Vale Jack.Waddles
          Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Thanx Jack, for maken this SCGs life more easier.

Comment

Working...
            X