Flight Be aware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Be aware.

Well fellars its so quiet aroung here i thought i"d arouse the intuitive and some what dismayed like Mad max who has his tail between legs after his innings with the hierarchy. yeah it"s me Mike and with some thought an feed back I"d like to share. Many years ago on the farm i like many of my mates had easy cheap access to high power ex military weapons. we could buy boxes of 100 round 1950 ex military for about $5.00 we had enormous firepower with semi automatic 30-06,1959 Belgin 59 FN Heckler and Kotch semi shot 10 round mag. Chinise 6.5 carbine s**t box and Browning semi automatic 12 gauge shotgun and 8mm (7.69) Turkish Mauser and....you get the picture. Alot of young fellars in the bush with enormous fire power. There was a day when i pulled the muzzle down and said hey what the F*** are you doing. The reply was " ah i"m not gunna hit him" aiming at a Cessna. my respond you F**n will. So be aware fellars there is alot of young or old out there that may take a shot especially over known dope growing areas. Stay high and avoid dope crop areas. The power line fellars advertise power line inspections then get followed by drug squad choppers and pisses off the power boys. This aint no joke as occasionally they get bullet holes from the crop growers. Or who ever else out there that will take the pot shot.Mike

I just typed a bloody long story to reply to you Mike about guns and dope growers police and dick heads but it didn"t post and disappeared and I"m not typing it again! Anyway old mate the Calaidus pilot owner had a fly in my new ship other day and claims it handles well, takes off and lands very similar. Nice and sensitive like my lady and it cost only $25k. plus a lot of hobby hrs. which was enjoyable. If I had my time again I"d build it the same. Luckly the cabin is resistant to small arms fire. But I guess so is a piece of paper.

Comment

Good to hear from you ole Max i"ve sat back and watched the posts for a while and was gunna stirr the pot. Firstly and paraphrasing professor Birdy it,s hard to engineer idiot out of an aircraft. I noticed Muss had a good shot at the euro tubs and the audit of CL of T. I can assure you all the Euro tubs fly very well and the "trimming of tail feathers has been addressed and amended with a modified gimble block and considerable effort from Hunter Jones in his time. There is a post from Allan Wardell in appreciation of that. So sorry to **** on your parade Muss we spend hundreds of thousands in order to be complaint and fly perfectly safe aircraft. Read your posts save me some time pls. I admire your ingenuity Max and all considered from the board there is indeed concern for the inexperienced and the engineering perspective. Ivor Benson gave us the principal of auto rotary wing and his predecessors that promoted this principal of the safest mode of flight. From what i can intemperate Max YOU are aware and comfortable with the aircraft flight performance and others be aware. I dutifully wish not Max to be the advocate of and engineering design flaw but he is indeed aware of the limitations of his aircraft. An example shown in a video was a clear power pushover after take off. I know i will have to do some work to verify as always but it"s all in the previous posts. I"m going bush tomorrow and will see what the cat has done to the pigeons when i get back. And no you will not find me...Just me the 12 gauge and dogs...possible Yowie. and beer lots of beer if ya wanna survive out here...beer...dam hot out here.Nothing to be afraid of in the bush...just gotta know what ya doing.. apparently.Mike.

Comment

Yeah Mike I live in the drug capital of WA. It has been mentioned to me on numerous occasions not to fly over particular areas as they are apparently use 12 gauge security. As I keep telling them things travel faster down than up. .A bloke here is running a legitimate scenic tours business. A little while ago the native Hippy/Greenie sorts got upset about him flying over their houses enroute to the coast and started a anti scenic flight facebook page. It was shortly shutdown but not before the local paper got wind of it. After appearing on the cover that night he got his window smashed on his aircraft. :"(. Next he starts receiving threats up to and including death threats both in writing, on the phone and to his face. Rumour had it that he dobbed someone in for a dope plantation. The real truth was that this d!#$^&@d was at his plantation when the aircraft flew over and went and handed himself into the police! ;D and is now blaming the pilot for his actions. : ??? So be aware fellars there is alot of young or old out there that may take a shot especially over known dope growing areas. Stay high and avoid dope crop areas. Pigs a!@e! A couple a hundred litres of round-up, a few low passes with a spraybar and minigun with a cyclic firing button. ;D Weed out a few oxygen thieves.

Comment

A year or so back our group took a flight over some farming country between our nest at Bindoon and a members Mango farm on the coast at a place called Lancelin.

Comment

I came down low over water the other day outside a beach house on crown land to ID a 4 mtr. croc. for the conservation people as they have a 50km croc. exclusion zone around Darwin and the caretaker who hates gyro"s flying close to his "block" phoned the police. The coppers turn up at my home and were very understanding and helpful knowing I"m doing a free community service. The beach idiot should of kept quiet as the police now suspect he has something to hide and say they will keep an eye on him. My kruser cabin is so slippery it"s great for orbiting an object with low energy use.

Comment

Yeah and ballistics or projection ain"t no rocket science. I was up a tower doing preventive maintenance and found a bullet hole thru a Nokia dish. Line up exit hole with entry hole and you can see exactly where it came from. Could do same if you marked waypoint if suspected you have taken a round. Gotta be onto it and probably more concerned for my safety and damage. I just can"t help to think how stupid some can be to even contemplate such a stupid idiotic dangerous activity. I wonder if this is part of aircraft incident investigation look for bullet holes. Anyway stay safe out there. Mike.

Comment

Probably one thing to add is the lasers, In my electronics trade i"ve worked with lasers of many different applications beam intercity, wave lengths, spectrum"s etc. One thing of caution is they will do damage to your eye retina pending on the refraction index and beam intercity you can get microscopic burn holes or scarring irreversible damage. I had an experience of kids shining a laser at me while i was driving on a highway it was a green laser from about 500 mts i was very distracted and mindful NOT TO LOOK AT THE BEAM. I also recal a traffics cop with a laser gun reading my speed satisfied with his reading he rested the laser gun across his arm not knowing he still had the trigger activated and i got the beam flash thru my eyes not directly but still dazzled me with the high beam intensity. So if you do see a laser just be aware also they can damage your eyes. The spectrum can go from Green, Red, infra red, blue and high spectrum invisible light but the later has a more specialized DWDM wideband multimode data application. Generally you will see Red and Green laser for obvious reasons hefty penalties for misuse now but there still out there and the idiots.Mike.

Comment

Just to keep the conversation going, I wandered out to the back hanger and measured the thrust line of my old faithful Rosco clone trainer with 76inch prop" and EA81 that I"ve been training in for 20yrs. and it"s much higher than my new machine. It also has high low down drag. (Two ugly buggers being pushed through the air) My new ship has a pointed slippery cabin and much lower thrust line and 4deg tilt engine. Some people make mountains out of mole hills. I think Mike we should be allowed mini guns with 7.62 rounds firing 1000 Rounds P.M. But we"d better not let loose when a pair of sunglasses goes through the prop. ;D As far as lasers go, I think only education is going to solve that problem.

Comment

Max the only thing i was concerned about is how the front and rear euro tub got dragged into the debate. the dynamics are completely different to side by side pod and i,ve never had any sign of self induced oscillation. In any conditions including turbulence. From what i had read on previous posts on this matter was records and audits which i was surprised to read. I would be happy to comply but whatever the result would have to be thrown into the equation that the front and rear euro tubs fly very well and completely stable I enjoy the ride in turbulence and haven"t been phased with it at all. I fly rather conservatively boring actually but i"ve had demonstrated what they can do and are very capable,safe machines, I"m **** with my service too and go over it with a fine tooth comb in my spare time. Can"t fault it. Mike.

Comment

Just to keep the conversation going, I wandered out to the back hanger and measured the thrust line of my old faithful Rosco clone trainer

Comment

innovative and creative , it can be done. if that"s all you have to comment on or complain about then you must be bored miles.

Comment

Working...
                        X