Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home built gyros

Hi Rick
    Instead of using words like 'factory built' and 'Euro Tub', use the word 'Production'
    Autogyro, Magni, ELA and TAG are 'Production' gyros.
    I would not call the Rosco a production gyro, as from the over 120 gyros that Ross Symes has built, each one would be different to the previous.

I suppose I did not answer your question here as to a true definition of a home built, but maybe a better name for what is not a home built.
    Last edited by RossM; 25-07-2018, 06:59 PM.
    Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Line up of TAG gyros
      click image to view.

Comment

I disagree ROSS. I consider rossco's machines to be factory and or production machines. there would be a few others probably, but more rosscos at the top of the list.
        building just 1 at a time is still classed as production. just happens to be qty 1 .
        I think production is able to be described as being 'ABLE TO REPRODUCE " either the whole gyro or parts thereof. repetition .
        I have read of birdie on the old forum buying rotar head parts and when they arrived they fitted to an existing gyro of the same brand " perfectly " that is production.

Comment

Gyroscopic Rotorcraft and Rotor Ute are definitely "factory" built as they hold a type approval with ASRA. Things have changed slightly but you once had to build a minimum of five of the same gyro to acheive this.

Comment

Tony, I was not using the dictionary definition of 'production'.
            Comparing say a production car, as coming of a production line, (not saying these gyros are made on a production line) to a custom car.
            And yes Matthew, I would not call a Rosco or RotorUte a homebuilt.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X