• Challenge - A dream of flight by James Brown

Just doing the Sunday arvo Google, came across this
    https://gyrocopters.wordpress.com/

A book written about his (James Brown) experiences
    Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

That is a good find.

Comment

I have not read it all.
      Some yarns in there about flying gyros, instructing, etc.
      James made and sold 'Challenge' gyrocopters, you could have any colour you wanted, as long as it was red. Also made and sold rotors, and was a CFI based in West Oz.
      Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Yeah Ross, I have heard of him. A mate of mine was an apprentice airframe welder at the time they were being built in what is now Western Airmotive in Jandakot. He tells me that there was 27 of them. I am not sure if that was the total done at that shop or the number my mate welded.

I am part way through this aswell and the first thing I noticed was that he liked to use a stainless steel Jesus bolt.

I haven't read about the colour yet but the couple that I have seen had yellow tails.

Comment

My mate in Esperence purchased one. They were little beauties. My mate did a mod to the hydrolic pump control cable which jammed his controls. It cost him his life. James was naturally upset but it was no fault of the aircraft design. A shame he stopped manufacturing them. He also manufactured good quality blades.

Comment

Working...
          X