Forum test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum test.

Testing Forum. Finally got in. Generated a new pass word. Nothing much to say except I still love flying around in home builds. Extra buzz when you've made the flying machine your self

G’day Max, glad you made it back.

The most fun I’ve ever had in a gyro was flying a Rosco around Kununurra with John Storey.

Comment

• mad max
      mad max commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Rick! I still get a Buzz thinking back to the day I left the ground in my first 1835cc VW Benson that I purchased for $400 and rebuild from a wreck. Now after 36yrs. I long for an airstrip in my back yard. 800mtrs. across a paddock would do. I'm stuck on one acre here and the local ind. council won't let me use their strip without lots of cash. We purchased 86 acres in Cloones Vic. 20yrs. back but every time I flew my gyro some dude from the housing estate nearby would winge so we sold it. Wife has relatives in Harvey Bay and retires soon from 38yrs. with Gov. She would like to move there and sell here. Maybe I'll find 50 acres with a decent home and bloody big shed inland somewhere there. Still one must have sport aviation friendly neighbours.

A gyro friend of mine just moved to Hervey Bay and flies regularly with a few local guys. It’s a great area to fly around with the country, beach and Fraser Island all just a short flight away. Unfortunately ASRA gets a few complaints from locals up there concerned about the height the gyros are flying at up and down the beach.

Comment

Hey Max,

Better get in quick for property anywhere in SEQ. It appears that the locals are selling out to southerners at ridiculous prices, then moving north and west. This means that the prices in what used to be the bush are increasing in a similarly ridiculous way. Still affordable, but for how long. Good luck.

Waddles.
      Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Originally posted by Waddles View Post
        Hey Max,

Better get in quick for property anywhere in SEQ. It appears that the locals are selling out to southerners at ridiculous prices, then moving north and west. This means that the prices in what used to be the bush are increasing in a similarly ridiculous way. Still affordable, but for how long. Good luck.

Waddles.
        Bloody southerners!

Comment

If they're moving north I'd better start pushing my property here on the tip of the Cox peninsular. Abundance of fish. You don't need a boat. Village of 500 people. 15 mins. from Darwin on a ferry. 130km drive. Nice Home W/shop ect. Wife about to retire. Just checked out a 110 acre property on the Maryborough Biggenden rd. No neighbours. Nice house and smaller house. Large shed ect. Offers over 750k. I'd love something like that. Nice airstrip and accommodation for sport flying comrades. These days when someone asks what I do. I don't say 'Retired' I say 'Sport aerospace engineer' Ian Morcombe - Kevin Traeger - Stuart Black - Rob Patrony have all visited over time.

Comment

Working...
          X