Telco User Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telco User Scam

From a friend...I don't know how true this is, but ????? Sure to be SureDO NOT push 90# on your home phone.I got a call last night from anindividual identifying himself as an AT&T Service technician who wasconducting a test on our telephone lines. He stated that to completethetest I should touch nine (9),zero (0), hash (#) and then hang up.Luckily, I was suspicious and refused. Upon contacting the telephonecompany, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requestingindividual full access to your telephone line, which allows them toplacelong distance telephone calls billed to your home phone number. I wasfurther informed that this scam has been originating from many of thelocal gaols/prisons. DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE. PLEASE pass this ontoyour friends. If you have mailing lists and/or newsletters fromorganisations you are connected with, I encourage you to pass this on.received this

Yes this rings a bell Nick,A while back, a good year ago we recieved an email at work which originated from - can't remember whether it was from the federal or state police but it was certainly to that effect. This apparently does give the caller access to your line for long distance calls.Whether it's true or not, it's certainly worth while remembering just in case ....Safe Flying ... ding Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment

Comment

Working...
    X