No announcement yet.

Gearboxes .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Paul wish I had read this when you first posted it as I have just started investigating the merits of a heavier flywheels will ring you soon Butch S.If ALL car makers install a half decent flywheel, they do it for a reason, any half decent mechanic would know that...............you got a lot of "learning" to do................hope you are up to it.Talkin the talk don"t make you knowledgable, but you think you are. Sad really.
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Gday wusselyes I am very aware of all things automotive and have the credentials .It is just that alot of the infomation I have recived from you knowitall flying types has been **** like the common misconception that the" prop acts like a flywheel " and many other usless bits of info that you yourself sprook like it is gods word .Thanks again Paul your help in educating a young bloke and willingness to share ideas is appreciated Butch

Comment

Buddy......you got it wrong again........i have never, repeat, never, said flywheels are unnecessary, as the "Prop" is in effect a "flywheel"The merits of a "proper" flywheel were convincingly proven to me many moons ago. In fact, i have thought of reducing the "weight" from around 10kg, to something less, but was always talked out of it by others more knowledgeable that me, so "heavy" it is.My "mechanical prowess" ;D you could right on a pin head, unashamed about that, i pay others to do it for me. [ this point seems to "fuel" some, why.........bemuses me ] :
        If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Gents,For what it"s worth, the Autoflight gearboxes that are coupled to my EJ22 and EJ25 engines incorporate a 9 kg flywheel. The whole systems are balanced and appear to be extremely vibration free.I know of a Hirth G/B fitted to an EJ 22 that couldn"t cut the mustard. A significant mod to the gearbox was necessary to stop oil leaks caused by I believe the torque of the engine distorting one of the plates. I can get more details and pictures if anyone is interested.Waddles.
          Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

I have inherited an ej25 thanks to a lady who rolled her 2003 subaru near here dodging a lizard and would like to build a gyro around it. I would like to recieve advice as to a suitable gearbox. I have the entire vehicle which has done only 23,000 km The lady is ok but says she will run the next one over! Regards, Max Tate (fellow gyronought) in Tennant creek (don"t forget to drop in if passing through)

Comment

Hi Max. IMHO for the ej-25 hp there really is only one redrive box and that is the Autoflight from Neil Hinz in NZ.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Hi Max. IMHO for the ej-25 hp there really is only one redrive box and that is the Autoflight from Neil Hinz in NZ.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Working...
                X