Annual Membeship and 3rd Party Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Membeship and 3rd Party Insurance

Gents/ladies, firtly my I appologise in advance if this subject has been explaind in the gyro news. I am not in Oz much therfore do not get to see my gyro news with regulartiy. However, having just paid my membeship fee'with the insurance, as a student pilot and non gyro owner (well not registered & flying yet) would it not have been better to insure the gyro as opposed to the pilot ? reason being a lot of pilots, whether student or qualified maybe do not own a gyro & therfore the insurance is basically a waste. Its the gyro with the pilot on board that needs the insurance.The PickImage Insert: 2.53

G'Day Dave, what you suggest would certainly be an alternative way of providing the insurance, it would be analogous to the motor vehicle arrangement. I must admit I have always regarded that as unjust because a person with multiple vehicles, e.g. a collection of vehicles of historic interest has to pay insurance on each of them. The exception to this is to put them on a club register and accept the limitations that involves.As this is the only offer of insurance we have, we have had to accept it in its present form.As you know all Flight Crew Certificate holders are now insured, persons no longer using theirs can send it back to the Registrar and so not be subject to this cost.John EvansThink logically and do things well, think laterally and do things better.

Comment

Hi John, thanks for your reply, is it worth looking into further with the insurance company/companies that cover gyro's. I was going to make my wife a member and student pilot but not this time as in its present form it eequates to 4 years single membership.Pick

Comment

Good points David and each has its strong points but I would be reluctant to pay third party insurance on each of my three gyros, when i can only fly one at a time.Pete

Comment

Yea. good points too Peter. I guess thats the other side of the coin. You could consider yourself in a more vavourable positon than most owning three gyro's. I would think that is light of all this maybe now we should be looking at alternative and more flexible insurance arrangements as an association to satisfy everybody. Having said that good on the guys/girls who have organised such insurance at least its a step in the right direction

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pickwe should be looking at alternative and more flexible insurance arrangements as an association to satisfy everybody. G'day Pick. The policy that we have has taken better than 15 years to achieve. There have been plenty of policy suggestions in the past but they either had small print excluding using gyros or they were so expensive that Kerry Packer couldn't have afforded them.If anyone can come up with a competitive pilocy the Board would be very happy to check it out.Tim McClure

Comment

Hi Tim, thanks for your reply, I think that all of my questions have now been answered thus far and are happy with that.Many thanksPick

Comment

Working...
              X