Airworthiness........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airworthiness........

[]Hi everyone, this is in relation to the nyloc nut and short bolt pic.Boy this was not supposed to happen. I posted the pic for the short bolt situation. I did not really look at the pic in any other light, but I will. I did not want to post the full size pic as it could possibly identify the machine and TA. I will have a look at the pic of the machine and see in what area that section is in relation to the completed machine.Why do I seem to find myself in the poo when I am trying to help!!!!! These pics of 2 seat machines I have posted, to help everyone gain knowledge have been signed off by 2 seat tech advisers, and I really don't want to cause individual people, or the Board grief.Forums are generally a great medium for exchanges of good ideas and info, interspersed with what comes out of the rear end of a bull!! The down side is the discussions can be seen by the world. How can we handle this unfortunate situattion.This pic, with at this stage "alleged problems" probably should be posted for discussion. The down side is that there could be repercussions for good friends to a lot of us. I don't want that to happen BUT I don't want machines wrecked, or people dying either. We have had too many during the last couple of years due to airworthiness, and that is a big worry.It has been suggested that I stay away and let the Board carry the poo if and when it happens. I am afraid that I am not built that way, and so I seem to bring up sensitive topics and some times wear the consequences.Aussie Paul in a bit of a delima!!!www.firebirdgyros.com

Hi Paul, I think everyone is taking this too personally. The old adage of another pair of eyes on your gyro doing only good applies equally here. It doesn't matter if you have 5000 hours or 100 hours, we make mistakes and we can all still learn. I suggest most registered machines have at least some theoretical minor defects which can be criticised by others. Yours and mine would be no exception. The joint and its strengths and weaknesses in the photo is of interest to many of us as is your criticism of the bolt lengths, but only so far as to establish the correct procedures and any in-built weaknesses leading to future failures. I think I speak for most in saying like you have, no-one is interested in witch-hunts. Let's use such information not to vindicate our own positions but soley for the objective of living and learning.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pbradleyHi Paul, I think everyone is taking this too personally. The old adage of another pair of eyes on your gyro doing only good applies equally here. It doesn't matter if you have 5000 hours or 100 hours, we make mistakes and we can all still learn. I suggest most registered machines have at least some theoretical minor defects which can be criticised by others. Yours and mine would be no exception. The joint and its strengths and weaknesses in the photo is of interest to many of us as is your criticism of the bolt lengths, but only so far as to establish the correct procedures and any in-built weaknesses leading to future failures. I think I speak for most in saying like you have, no-one is interested in witch-hunts. Let's use such information not to vindicate our own positions but soley for the objective of living and learning.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.Thank you Peter. That is how I feel, so hopefully we can all be grown up about these things. They are important to the industry re safe flying, so let us all, me included, use this info soley for the objective of living and learning.Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Paul, my post regarding the pic of the bolts was not meant to get you in the " poo ". If I owned a machine with a fault that someone has picked up on ( I'm not saying this machine has a fault from one photo ) & didnt do anything about it , I would feel disappointed . Let's hope there is a positive outcome . Eric

Comment

Good to see some positive posts. Well done Paul,I thought the picture was presented well to put an image into the minds of those not familiar with the topic, keeping in mind its not a "fault" but simply a standard, i personaly think any thread at all showing is enough given how deep the nylon is embedded however would comply with any std set happily. If i can ask... has there been an incident regarding a nut comming off? or found lose.

Comment

Skitzs, it is a requirement under guidline one of the forum policy that contributors complete personal details in the personal profile box so as to be identified by participants. Please comply asap.Moderator

Comment

quote:Originally posted by EchoPaul, my post regarding the pic of the bolts was not meant to get you in the " poo ". If I owned a machine with a fault that someone has picked up on ( I'm not saying this machine has a fault from one photo ) & didnt do anything about it , I would feel disappointed . Let's hope there is a positive outcome . EricI realise that Eric, Thanks. It is I that would be getting myself in the poo by posting it in the first place. That is something that I have to be prepared to wear in the interest of safety, and I am.Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Yea G'day SKITZ welcome to the forums, as we like to keep up and maintain policy, if you could fill in your personal details asap so as people can identify you we would appreciate it.Regards Moderator.And some one voted you for this position?

Comment

Skitz - No.The position of Moderator is an ASRA appointed position and the moderator has the ability to delete your posts if required, for lack of compliance with the ASRA Forum Editorial Policy.Tim McClure

Comment

Yea i know Tim. i was taking the *iss at the lack of diplomacy,which seems to be the general trend, maybe one shouldnt be granted registration until the approprite feilds are entered, who reads section what of the what?? and i must Comply!!.. sounds like something out of Robo Cop.i read alot of posts and browse all topics looking for anything constructive and interesting, its sad that we are consistantly fronted with derogatry and sarcastic posts between members. Your self excluded Tim. cheers

Comment

Ian, ".....sad that we are consistantly fronted with derogatry & sarcastic posts between members." Have'nt you ever been in a pub or on a fishing trip with your mates . ****! Thats all we do when we're all out together , even my two teenage boys are masters at hanging it on their old man ! Each person that posts on here is a character & I have no doubt that if we all sat around a camp fire ( the Nats for eg. ) there would be a lot of laughs - & a lot of sh!t been slung. The secret is not to take life too serious. Echo

Comment

.....except when it comes to gyro safety.....( you always have to put in a disclaimer nowadays )

Comment

yea point taken Eric, maybe im good at it my self haha. certainly attracted a bit of attention.... cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X