Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow gyro on a Blue Trailer behind a red holden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow gyro on a Blue Trailer behind a red holden.

My son saw just saw a yellow gyro on a blue trailer being towed by a red holden go past our house in Canberra this morning.If anyone might know who belongs to this rig could you let me know. There are precious few gyro pilots down this way, and I am eager to meet anyone in the area.Cheers!Lloyd

Tried to email you. Returned twice. Please contact me on registrar@asra.org.auThan

Comment

That pilot must have heard about the famous gyro muster at Phillip Island next weekend. Anybody who is anybody should be there. It's all at the Phillip Island Private Airport all weekend.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Actually Pete, he was heading in the other direction.

Comment

G'Day LloydI think Pete is onto something, as this pic was taken some years ago, at the last gathering at Phillip Island in Vic.Hopefully we will see it again !!!!!!Regards Sam []Image Insert: 36.57

Comment

think Ian Morcombe could be lurking in the area lloydRegards,Mark

Comment

Mark,Think you could be right,Pete Barsden

Comment

Actually Pete, he was heading in the other direction.Only explanation can be he is lost and going the wrong way. See you all at Phillip Island.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Geez pete. hijack my thread why dont you.PS: thanks Mark.

Comment

My apologies Lloyd for diverting your thread and getting in a little advertising but it is only a couple of days away and I can hardly contain myself.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Thats alright Pete.. If my gyro was finished Id probably be just as keen.

Comment

Lloyd your in Canberra right?, because that would of been me last week taking Ian Morcombe's gyro out from Hume to Lake george , and i went home to holt , and then out thru Gunghalin , so that would of been on moday morning? we spent the next 4 days flying out there which was magic[], and Barry went solo and did 10hrs in our Tandem , and I did 6 hrs under training with Ian out there , Ian also had a couple of other people traing out there aswell the weather was Great , and the lake is dry and reasonably smooth in place to do landing and take off practise , Joe Hudson also went up in his single seat aswell.Ian is a GREAT instructor , and i dont have that far to go to go solo YAY!!!RegardsCrashman

Comment

BUGGER! Had I known I would have come out! I have already done 9 hours training with Jeff Henley-Smith up at Rylstone, but have not yet soloed (still building my machine). It will be ready for next season so I need to find an instructor to finish off. I also wanted to talk to Ian about doing an intermediate inspection of my build before I paint. If he is regularly up this way he would be ideal. I'm going to try and organise a get-together of all the gyro guys around Canberra soon. Including yourself I have the following people: Oscar HudsonBarry ManclarkMatthew Kitchen (I think he has moved to sydney)Stan TokarskiHans StiklusI'm going to try and ring everyone tonight to organise a time and place.If your doing nothing much, feel free to drop in to my place (that goes for the others too). I'm not working till after the long weekend and have been spending most of my time tryng to progress my gyro build.Contact: 02 62589541 or 0418 692601Cheers!Lloyd

Comment

Hi Lloyd sounds like a fine Idea to get the local guys here together and have a day or 2 flying around , I'll give you a ring tomorrow evening and have a yarn with you then btw Barry and I own a tandem , so i dont know if your son saw it aswell ?? you can contact me on (h) 62546711 or (m) 0414 546711Steve "crashman" Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                            X