Landing Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing Lights

Landing lights are invaluable in being seen in when in and out of airports and I am going to instal one into the front of new pod. Any suggestions on type, size and power would be appreciated. PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Pete,Ross Bannerman has a good setup, from what I remember of his second last cross country jaunt he was spotted from 2km out of one strip by a fixed wing A/C due to his orange flashing light - send him an email requesting info - he's RossB on this forum, and always willing to help.Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Hi Nick, I have the orange flashing light now ready for the two seater and concur that buying and using the right ones are as good as it gets. I got known around here as the flying fork-lift because of the one I use on a single seater.What I am interested here though is the white front landing lights (flood lamp) that will go in the very front part of the cone of the pod.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pbradleyHi Nick, I have the orange flashing light now ready for the two seater and concur that buying and using the right ones are as good as it gets. I got known around here as the flying fork-lift because of the one I use on a single seater.What I am interested here though is the white front landing lights (flood lamp) that will go in the very front part of the cone of the pod.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.The Rafs with two headlights are great. You can beam one up and to the left a little, and one down to the right a little. This covers a lot more sky.FWIW. Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Or you can kick m both out and use the holes as airvent Paul.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

Only room for one smack in the front of the nose cone Paul. Just hoping for advice on best type, power, size.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

PeteThe best lights I have ever used were compact car spots,(see pic) 55watt 12 VDC.The beauty of them was the lens was a very thick magnifying glass and the output and narrow beem ment it would hit the ground from 300m away strong and bright. You have seen the one I use on Dragonfly at Dougs flyin and it works well, (not as good as the one in pic) and is also only 55watts 12vdc compact car spot.Just a few things to keep in mind !!!>55 watts equals 4.5 amps>100 watts equals 8.3 ampsIf you would like a certified, long life, low consumption strobe, then you know who to call [][][] Image Insert: 63.37

Comment

I got a 100 watt unit in the front of my pod now. Should be able to be seen now.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

I got a 100 watt unit in the front of my pod now. Should be able to be seen now.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Working...
                  X