Wot's happened to Mitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wot's happened to Mitch?

Haven't seen him here for ages. Has he cracked it with us Mainlanders?PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Pete,He's a mexican's mexican, probably ate too many agaves...Call him a Tasmanian, near to tas manian, or maniac, he's sure to bite back..Coincientally, what goes 'mark, mark, mark....' apart from Horanus Horribulus campaigning for a seat in berridole??A dog with a bark impediment..Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Pete,He's a mexican's mexican, probably ate too many agaves...Call him a Tasmanian, near to tas manian, or maniac, he's sure to bite back..Coincientally, what goes 'mark, mark, mark....' apart from Horanus Horribulus campaigning for a seat in berridole??A dog with a bark impediment..Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Think you had too much to drink at that party Nick.

Comment

Think you had too much to drink at that party Nick.

Comment

G'Day Pete,I check in every couple of days. Good to see you are getting close with your two seater and finalising your Instructor status.Fact is I've had a few hicups with the house. The first Builder (Master Builder Assoc Listed) came on site and cocked up the truss shape, so council inspectors were called out and fixes discussed and implemented. I struggled on with the joists and floor, whilst we were looking for another builder. The new bloke did more in this last week, than the other DH did in five. We have plumbers and sparkies comming in next couple of weeks and then a roofing team after Biggenden.Gyro rebuild has taken second place again, though I did lay-up face plate and pod yesterday, in Royal Blue gelcoat, which is pretty close to the metalic Baltic Blue on the gyro frame. I intend to use this on my re-build, including a new AirCommand type tail I had originally, which I am laying up new skins for. This layup was done with 450 CSM split down to half sheet thickness and further two laminates of 200g cloth. Both articles jumped straight up out of their respective moulds this morning by simply cracking the bead (gently squeezing the edges in) and jetting in some compressed air. The PVA comes away from the mould on the article as it should. Just now gave them a wash and installed the black rubber trim....fits perfect. I have been working towards this set-up all along. The earlier articles were difficult to trim. These commercial pods will come with trim. I am bringing a few examples to Biggenden for display/sale.I have very much enjoyed the in-flight pics you guys have been posting recently and am looking forward to getting back up there...well after easter now.Cheers,MitchImage Insert: 30.88

Comment

G'Day Pete,I check in every couple of days. Good to see you are getting close with your two seater and finalising your Instructor status.Fact is I've had a few hicups with the house. The first Builder (Master Builder Assoc Listed) came on site and cocked up the truss shape, so council inspectors were called out and fixes discussed and implemented. I struggled on with the joists and floor, whilst we were looking for another builder. The new bloke did more in this last week, than the other DH did in five. We have plumbers and sparkies comming in next couple of weeks and then a roofing team after Biggenden.Gyro rebuild has taken second place again, though I did lay-up face plate and pod yesterday, in Royal Blue gelcoat, which is pretty close to the metalic Baltic Blue on the gyro frame. I intend to use this on my re-build, including a new AirCommand type tail I had originally, which I am laying up new skins for. This layup was done with 450 CSM split down to half sheet thickness and further two laminates of 200g cloth. Both articles jumped straight up out of their respective moulds this morning by simply cracking the bead (gently squeezing the edges in) and jetting in some compressed air. The PVA comes away from the mould on the article as it should. Just now gave them a wash and installed the black rubber trim....fits perfect. I have been working towards this set-up all along. The earlier articles were difficult to trim. These commercial pods will come with trim. I am bringing a few examples to Biggenden for display/sale.I have very much enjoyed the in-flight pics you guys have been posting recently and am looking forward to getting back up there...well after easter now.Cheers,MitchImage Insert: 30.88

Comment

Are you copying the Opera House roof Mitch? it's looking good but I just imagine the amount of work in it yet. Your glassing is a credit to you. Have been doing a bit myself last few days and am now cleaning it up ready for painting, which will be happening by the end of the week. Comparing your pics with my own, my moulds must be a bit rougher than yours. Anyway BFP should be able to be flown in 2 or 3 weeks which I am looking forward to. Good to hear all is now going well and keep in touch.Image Insert: 62.68

Comment

Are you copying the Opera House roof Mitch? it's looking good but I just imagine the amount of work in it yet. Your glassing is a credit to you. Have been doing a bit myself last few days and am now cleaning it up ready for painting, which will be happening by the end of the week. Comparing your pics with my own, my moulds must be a bit rougher than yours. Anyway BFP should be able to be flown in 2 or 3 weeks which I am looking forward to. Good to hear all is now going well and keep in touch.Image Insert: 62.68

Comment

Pete,Looking at your tale plane, is it intended to get any bigger to offset the size of your nose?Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Pete,Looking at your tale plane, is it intended to get any bigger to offset the size of your nose?Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Hi Nick, Firstly the photo is a bit deceiving and gets the sizes of the HS and the pod out of proportion. The HS is a reasonable size as it is. However I am going to introduce two more smaller HS up the tail in the prop blast to further assist. The gyro in its original configeration, going from a couple of photos I got hold of did have the HS mounted above but none on the keel. I will be having both. That is a job for next week though I just got off the phone to Geoff Nelson of Korrumburra who is a very competent builder and have been picking his brain.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Hi Nick, Firstly the photo is a bit deceiving and gets the sizes of the HS and the pod out of proportion. The HS is a reasonable size as it is. However I am going to introduce two more smaller HS up the tail in the prop blast to further assist. The gyro in its original configeration, going from a couple of photos I got hold of did have the HS mounted above but none on the keel. I will be having both. That is a job for next week though I just got off the phone to Geoff Nelson of Korrumburra who is a very competent builder and have been picking his brain.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

G'Day Pete,http://www.asra.org.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=783This link will take you back to some earlier postings on stone house with greater detail and showws elevations.. This is how the arc of the trussess should have been.Cheers,Mitch.Image Insert: 62.5

Comment

G'Day Pete,http://www.asra.org.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=783This link will take you back to some earlier postings on stone house with greater detail and showws elevations.. This is how the arc of the trussess should have been.Cheers,Mitch.Image Insert: 62.5

Comment

Working...
                              X