What to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy

Hi AllJust net to this gyro thing and have been doing a bit of research on so called cross country gyro's. In everyones opinion what is the best enclosed pod 2 seat gyro to buy for Australian conditions? Either pre assembled or kit form it dosnt matter. I have seen various machines advertised and just want to know whats been tried and proven.CheersDarren

G.day Darren.Paul Bruty's Firebird will be available later this year.It will most likely be one of the best in the world !He will also train you in the Firebird right thru to your Gyro crosscountry and passenger carrying licence.I want one, two would be even better !Cheers.Image Insert: 73.58

Comment

interesting, does that control rod arrangement help the yellow machine achive CLT in any way?Mark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark Horaninteresting, does that control rod arrangement help the yellow machine achive CLT in any way?MarkOf course mark.[^]Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Yoshi,If you actually want to fly NOW here is a couple of pix of what is available NOW,The white machine IS the best available and still will be in the forseeable future. The red machine is new to OZ and by all reports of those who flew it at the Nats will be a winner.Image Insert: 48.28 KBImage Insert: 63.68 KBImage Insert: 76.44 KBM BarkerImage Insert: 57.65

Comment

Robert, "....most likely the best in the world." The best what ? Compared to what ? You've obviously done a few hours in one to make such a big statement , Olbod. If you have , can we have some performance figures ie: fuel burn , MTOW . With all due respect to Paul , one hasnt even flown yet , Olbod . So before you go giving advice on a public forum wait till these machines have done the hard yards & proven themselves.

Comment

...such as the NEWO GYRO above has done...

Comment

Hi allThanks for the info re new gyro's. Is ther any specs on the Newo gyro available and who do I need to talk to in regards to pricing, availability etc. Thanks for the helpCheersDarren

Comment

Eric, I said it most likely be ONE THE BEST in the in the world.The man was asking about enclosed, two seat, cross country Gyro's.How many choices does he have ?Paul has enough years experience with Gyro's to know what he is doingand if I didn't believe that, I wouldn't want one for myself.The Owen Dull aircraft is a beautiful machine and I certainly wouldnot or could not fault it.So I can only judge it from my requirements. I dont like two strokes,I think the Firebird will have a better range, I think the Firebirdwill be larger and able to carry two people with an overnight bagmore comfortably, remember we are talking about a cross countrymachine ! I could go on but I wont waste my time because I get thefeeling that you are another Bruty knocker, thats your business.I will stick by what I said, IE: I THINK THE FIREBIRD WILL LIKELYBE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD.If you dont like that pal, stiff **** !Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

Now now Cuz...you'll go popping a capilary or something.. we all have our own opinions based on our experiences and needs and that will never change. All I can say is we are very fortunate to have such a variety of wonderful machines available to choose from so let us rejoice, not war. Paul is planning to subsidise me into one of his Firebirds for training purposes in the distant future after I have worn out my current machine, so will have to be good which I am sure they will.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by OlbodSo I can only judge it from my requirements. I dont like two strokes,I think the Firebird will have a better range,Robert, Owen would have put any engine you like in one of them, i only know of one that has a two stroke, the one Ross got on the week end, the rest has rotax four stroke..Trust me with those enignes in them, they fly bloody great..r0t0rcraft.com.au

Comment

Its okay Pete, I am used to speakin me piece and I dont even go a shade of pink when I do, I prefer a face ta face but you cant haveeverything !You've seen the Firebird, so I'll bet you are more than sure it willbe good.I'll also bet that I wont have ta say Bugger, when its done.I am looking forward to flying and working mine all over the country.My next choice would be an M22 Magni. I think Owens machine is probably the best looking Gyro on the market but alas I dont likeor trust two strokes.Cheers.Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

Well there ya go see, Bones.I was under the impression that they were all two strokes, Sorry.With the rotax Owens would be a beauty.I read some time ago on this Foram that people were wondering ifOwen was still building ?It still gets down to size tho in my case because, I will have mine filled with steady cams and professional camera's etc. It will alsobe fitted with a single centrally mounted seat tank.I am also looking at the possiblity of fitting a diesel enginedown the track.That still leaves me without a two seat cross country gyro tho !If Yoshi buys either of the Australian made products I am sure hewill be more than satisfied.Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

There ya go Echo, youve been told!Now dont you never, ever, Knock whatsisname again!marcus.

Comment

Robert, are you sure you didnt go a little pink around the cheeks...? Unbelievable! I've read my post ( I think I even wrote it ) & I cant quite see where I was knocking Paul or his Firebird ...so before you assume something about me stick yer brain into gear before hitting the keys . For the record , Robert , from what I've seen of the Firebird it looks a lot nicer & better thought out gyro than the Sparrowhawk ( now I'll be in the **** with SH owners ) & wish him all the best with his development . Good on ya , Mark . Just like another Horan I know who likes to have the last word ( except she is not as ugly as you )

Comment

Working...
                              X