No announcement yet.

How Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay guys I see by the general jist of things that maybe its not such a good idea, but I ask you to consider the following and correct me if Im wrong.I have read a lot of different posts on a variety of issues and it seems there are a couple of things that seem to be of concern too a lot of peopleA. Lack of instructorsB. Lack of positve public perception of the sportC. Lack of affordable two place machines suitable for instructionI have no desire to re-invent the wheel I just have a passion for the sport and want to see it expand and be received by the public in the manner it desreves. I was lucky enough in the last couple of weeks to catch up with Paul Bruty, Michael Richardson and David Brown here in WA and they have only helped fuel my want to be involved. If it hadnt been by luck that Paul happened to be in WA I wouldnt of had the chance as there are no instructors in the Perth metro area, so for the average person if there want to try something isn't met in a timely manner there desire and want soon diminishes and they go and find something else to do, like fly fixed wing etc.This leeds me to my next point, whilst I understand that competancy is a great requirement of any pilot do we really think there is a need for 80Hrs for a passenger endorsement? I don't no of any other sort of flying GA, Recreational aviation etc that requires so many hours, I know that in the earlier days there were many safety concerns surely with the progression of the sport and vast knowledge available to us and improvement of gyro's themselves that this law needs to be changed in order for the sport to move forward. If people cant be exposed to the sport it will never really move on.And last and not least in regards to my initial post, there are many of us wanting to fly but not enough people to teach us and more to the point what instructor wants to let his best/worst student loose in his own pride and joy. I Know if I had forked out the big dollars for a Newo gyro, Magni or the upcomong Firebird I think it goes without saying I would be more than a little appehensive when it came to my students flying it solo. So there lies my point in question build an affordable safe two place machine suitable for learning and novice fliers and I do believe that the sport of Gyrocopters will take a leap forward in the right direction.Lets give the sport the exposure it deserves and take it to the people. I am a strong believer in the famous quote BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.Let the bararge beginCheers Darren HillsThere are two types of people in this world. Those that talk about what they are going to do, and those that do what they talk about.

Comment

G'day Darren, hope to see much more of you on this forum.There are far more considerations in starting with a two seat gyro that you realise. Apart from hot air balloons and powered parachutes, gyros are the lightest aircraft flying. As such they are considerably more affected by the elements, especially near the ground where they are at their most vulnerable. Experienced pilots make this look easy, and in fact it is easy with the right training and follow up experience. Experience is just exactly that, and can only be gained with hours of flying. What most are saying above is that a good second hand single seater is far cheaper and is considerably easier to fly. It is an ideal platform for you to gain your valuable flying experience, and if purchased wisely, can always be sold on with little or no loss. Also, if you happen to be involved in a mishap, it is far less expensive, and better still, it would not involve another person. Everybody thinks that they would not be likely to have a mishap, but unfortunately statistics show that a large percentage assume wrongly.Besides, it gives you more time and experience up your sleeve not only to enjoy your flying but also to select and build the type of two seater that your new-found flying experience has taught you that you would prefer.You will be a much wiser gyronaut after a little experience, and a much safer one after more experience. Tim McClureBroken Hill

Comment

G'day Darren, hope to see much more of you on this forum.There are far more considerations in starting with a two seat gyro that you realise. Apart from hot air balloons and powered parachutes, gyros are the lightest aircraft flying. As such they are considerably more affected by the elements, especially near the ground where they are at their most vulnerable. Experienced pilots make this look easy, and in fact it is easy with the right training and follow up experience. Experience is just exactly that, and can only be gained with hours of flying. What most are saying above is that a good second hand single seater is far cheaper and is considerably easier to fly. It is an ideal platform for you to gain your valuable flying experience, and if purchased wisely, can always be sold on with little or no loss. Also, if you happen to be involved in a mishap, it is far less expensive, and better still, it would not involve another person. Everybody thinks that they would not be likely to have a mishap, but unfortunately statistics show that a large percentage assume wrongly.Besides, it gives you more time and experience up your sleeve not only to enjoy your flying but also to select and build the type of two seater that your new-found flying experience has taught you that you would prefer.You will be a much wiser gyronaut after a little experience, and a much safer one after more experience. Tim McClureBroken Hill

Comment

Comment

Tim, Very well saidWhat you focus on grows. Des Gravin Bullsbrook Geraldton's (southern suburb) W.A.

Comment

Tim, Very well saidWhat you focus on grows. Des Gravin Bullsbrook Geraldton's (southern suburb) W.A.

Comment

Comment

Tim,Profound wisdom there... $4k for my first stuff up, not $20k.Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Tim,Profound wisdom there... $4k for my first stuff up, not $20k.Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Comment

Yep, wise words there !!!BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X