No announcement yet.

Humble Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian, Repco has a idler, pulley , belt kit for about $400. I thought I mentioned this before when I replaced the crank seal. I reckon you should change all these with the belt. Also heard that the water pump does the same and causes the belt to pop. Ken

Comment

Ken, how is your new engine performing ?

Comment

Comment

Comment

G'day Brian,In my Liberty with 2.2, I changed idlers, belt and waterpump all at the same interval and never had a failure. Main reason I did that was 'cause in a car, any one of those items was a "dog" to change individually, and it was a lot cheaper/easier to do them all at once while the whole front was pulled out. The local Sube dealer put me onto the trick. In a gyro it makes equal sense to do the same (as Ken says) for the simple reason that it may often be inconvenient for them to fail in use.Pete, the early 2.2's were non interference motors. I'm not sure about later ones or other EJ's. Never had any reason to find out. CheersFred

Comment

G'day Brian,In my Liberty with 2.2, I changed idlers, belt and waterpump all at the same interval and never had a failure. Main reason I did that was 'cause in a car, any one of those items was a "dog" to change individually, and it was a lot cheaper/easier to do them all at once while the whole front was pulled out. The local Sube dealer put me onto the trick. In a gyro it makes equal sense to do the same (as Ken says) for the simple reason that it may often be inconvenient for them to fail in use.Pete, the early 2.2's were non interference motors. I'm not sure about later ones or other EJ's. Never had any reason to find out. CheersFred

Comment

Comment

Ta Fred.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Eric, I am very happy. Performance and fuel economy are great. Only way to go. Ken

Comment

Eric, I am very happy. Performance and fuel economy are great. Only way to go. Ken

Comment

Comment

By the way Ken,Ive found a computer....

Comment

By the way Ken,Ive found a computer....

Comment

Working...
                                X